Fr4nz

Unable to compile with Eclipse 3.5 + MinGW 5.16...

Discussion created by Fr4nz on Oct 19, 2009
Latest reply on Nov 28, 2009 by Nasenbaer

Hello all,

I've recently downloaded the latest stream 2.0 beta4 in order to play with OpenCL. Unfortunately, I'm encountering some problems when compiling, so I hope to find some help here.

First of all a description of my system: CPU is an Intel E6750, GPU an ATI 3870, 2GB of RAM, Windows XP SP3, and so on.

I was trying to compile a simple "Hello World" OpenCL program with Eclipse 3.5 and the GCC compiler provided by MinGW 5.16; my OS is Windows XP SP3. These are the steps I've followed in order to compile correctly:

1) Set the ATI Stream OpenCL "include" folder;

2) Set the ATI Stream OpenCL library folder (the one which contains OpenCL.lib)

3) Set the additional library to use, OpenCL.lib;

I think these are the only steps required, because if I follow what I've written above I can compile my "Hello World" without problems under MS Visual Studio 2008.

Anyway, my hello world program is simply this:

#include

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
    return(1);
}

...and these are the error messages reported in Eclipse Console:

**** Build of configuration Release for project DCIOpenCL ****

**** Internal Builder is used for build               ****
gcc -IC:\Programmi\ATI Stream\include -O0 -osrc\main.o ..\src\main.c
In file included from ..\src\main.c:1:
C:/Programmi/ATI Stream/include/CL/cl.h:62: error: syntax error before "cl_context_properties"
C:/Programmi/ATI Stream/include/CL/cl.h:62: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
C:/Programmi/ATI Stream/include/CL/cl.h:437: error: syntax error before '*' token
C:/Programmi/ATI Stream/include/CL/cl.h:440: error: `clCreateContext' declared as function returning a function
C:/Programmi/ATI Stream/include/CL/cl.h:441: error: syntax error before "void"
C:/Programmi/ATI Stream/include/CL/cl.h:445: error: syntax error before '*' token
C:/Programmi/ATI Stream/include/CL/cl.h:447: error: `clCreateContextFromType' declared as function returning a function
C:/Programmi/ATI Stream/include/CL/cl.h:448: error: syntax error before "void"
Build error occurred, build is stopped
Time consumed: 62  ms.

As you can see errors start at line 62 of cl.h, which is:

typedef intptr_t            cl_context_properties;

Any idea? Thank you for any answer!

Fr4nz

Outcomes