cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

cgorac
Journeyman III

CPU-only development with Beta4 SDK

So far I've used SDK 2.0-beta for OpenCL development for CPU; don't have ATI GPU (yet), so I've intended to keep it going this way.  However, now with SDK 2.0-beta4, compilation fails, in the link phase - libaticalrt.so is reported as missing.  So - where to find this library (is it in the driver package?), and - is it now not possible any more to use SDK on a machine without ATI GPU?

0 Likes
2 Replies
titanius
Adept II

the libaticalrt.so is in the driver package (ati-opencl-beta-driver...zip)

once you unzip it there is a .run file for the driver within the package. Using parameter --extract, you can extract the driver files to a folder. You should find the .so in ati/arch/x86[or x86_64]/usr/lib/

for me i am not able to run the gpu code yet  so opencl defaults to cpu.

0 Likes

Thanks a lot!  Both libaticalrt.so and libaticalcl.so from driver package are needed; but when these copied to $ATISTREAMSDKROOT/lib/{x86,x86_64}, I was able to compile and run my code on a machine without supported GPU.

@AMD (if anyone reading this): It would be great if SDK could be made self-contained, so that it is possible to just install SDK, and then do the development, even on a machine without supported GPU (but having supported CPU).

0 Likes