MeMo_oMeM

Exporting CodeAnalyst data from the command line

Discussion created by MeMo_oMeM on Oct 7, 2009
Latest reply on Oct 14, 2009 by pdrongowski
is it possible?

Hi,

There are hundreds (maybe thousands) of objects in the code I am analyzing, so I would like to automate the profiling process. For this purpose, I wrote a script that parses the CSV files exported by the CodeAnalyst GUI to derive the information I am looking for. However this script is useless unless I can find a way to export CodeAnalyst data that does not involve clicking on object names one by one to export them.

I can run the profiler from the command line (using opcontrol) but I could not find a way to generate CSV from the command line, I eventually have to import it into the GUI. The generated data, which is dumped under /var/lib/oprofile, is not human readable.

My question is, is there a way to generate a CSV for each different object from the command line? It would be very useful if the GUI provided a way to export data for *all* objects in separate CSV's, instead of clicking on them one by one to export, such as "export all" (?)

Please tell me if my question is not clear. I will try to clarify with an example if needed. Thank you very much in advance!

Outcomes