cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

alorenz
Journeyman III

problems running sample even after makeing them

When executing any of the samples, even after making them.  I will get an AVC deain messages.  it ssems opencl build shared objects in the tmp directory, but does not set the right premissiions for this object to be loaded. "text relocation".  I set the ATRISTREAMSDKROOT viarable and set the location of the shared libary.  an example of the error message when executing NBody is

The NBody application attempted to load /tmp/OCL93Pijp.so which requires text relocation. This is a potential security problem. Most libraries do not need this permission. Libraries are sometimes coded incorrectly and request this permission. The SELinux Memory Protection Tests web page explains how to remove this requirement. You can configure SELinux temporarily to allow /tmp/OCL93Pijp.so to use relocation as a workaround, until the library is fixed. Please file a bug report against this package.

What need to be changed ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
omkaranathan
Adept I

Which Linux distribution are you using?

This seems to be a problem caused by the security settings of your Linux OS, modifying the security settings should make your executables work.

0 Likes

Fedora 10,

However why is ATI create a reloadable shared object and sticking it in the temp directory ?

0 Likes