cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

vijaydidmca
Journeyman III

How to increase processor speed upto 7 Ghz to 11 GHz.(May be 21 GHz)

Machine language is replacable.

Note: Pls give attention, that after reading this blog, if you are interested for more details than you can give me your e-mail id so that i can give you that one. You may have some problems with graphics in this blog because of editor problem, if you want more clear graphics and details than mail your email id:

My contacts:

vijaydidmca@yahooj.com

v.tiwari@parasonglobal.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Increase Processor speed

A digital system might be converted into a decimal system.
a digital system has two voltage levels:
valtage levels: 0 volts and 5 volts.
the bit 0 represents 0 volts and bit 1 represents 5 volts.
in ascii there is boundation that 7 pulses will be needed to represent a alphanumeric or a symbol.
if a pulse needs 2 seconds to be execute,then 7 pulses will be needed 7 * 2 = 14 seconds.
so to execute a alphanumeric or to execute a symbol , processor need 14 seconds.

now consider a decimal system:

there will be 10 voltage levels in a decimal system suppose: 0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20 volts.
now instead of 7 pulses ( as in case of a digital system ) , only two or three pulsed will be needed to represent a number.speed is 2 * 2 = 4 sec. or 2 * 3 = 6 sec.
in this way we can find a processor 3 or 4 times faster than the present processors.

note: the quality of picture may decrease,but this is affordable where speed is more important than pictures.Or we can use a digital system to Process pictures and can use
a different system (say decimal) to calculate values.

why don't we try to make computer as wise as human by using decimal system, the only sytem that is understandable to human.

I think at last industries will have to move towards decimal system.

my contact if any suggetions:

name: vijay

email: v.tiwari@parasonglobal.com or vijaydidmca@yahoo.com

india.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Processor Speed

In digital system 7 bits are required to represent any symbol. For example suppose + 5 volts is used to represent binary 1 and 0 volts for binary 0.

Y axis (volts)
^
|10 volt
|                          1  0    1   1   0  0    1                    
|5 volt               ___     ______         ___     ~0 nSec
|_____________|__|__|_____|_____|__|____________________________>
( 0,0 )            5nS 5nS 5nS 5nS 5nS 5nS 5nS    X axis (Time in nSec)

a. Diagram showing need of 7 pulses in orthodox digital system.

7 bits ASCII code “1011001” is required to represent symbol “Y”.

Suppose one pulse needed 5 nono sec (refer to diagram a.). Then 7 pulses will need

7 × 5 nSec = 35 nSec.

Now compare this system with “Decimal” system.

In digital or ASCII system seven ( 2 power 7 = 128 symbols) pulses are needed.

In decimal system only three ( 10 power 3 = 1000 symbols) pulses will be needed to represent any symbol. For example suppose 0 volt represents decimal symbol 0, similarly + 5 volt for decimal symbol 1, +10 volt for 2, +15 volt for 3, + 20 volt for 4, + 25 volt for 5, +30 volt for 6, + 35 volt for 7, +40 volt for 8 and + 45 volt for decimal symbol 9 (just like 0 volt represents binary bit 0 and + 5 volt represents binary bit 1 in digital system).

Now the system will take ˜ 0 nSec for moving from voltage level 0 volt to voltage level + 45 volts. (Because in maths term If fluctuation from voltage level 0 to + 5volt takes ˜ 0 nSec then fluctuation from voltage level 0 to + 45 volts will also take ˜ 0 nSec.).

Just keep in mind that here symbol “~” means “very nearly equal to”.

Please refer to diagram b.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Y axis (Volts)

^                                    3   2   7
|                                             ___         
|35 volt                                  |    |
|30 volt                                  |    |
|25 volt                                  |    |
|20 volt                        ___     |    | ~ 0 nSec
|15volt                         |    |__|    |
|10 volt                        |              |
|5 volt                          |              |
|___________________|________|____________________________>
( 0,0 )                         5nS 5nS 5nS                           X axis (Time in nSec)

b. Diagram showing need of only 3 pulses in unorthodox decimal system.

Diagram shows that only 3 pulses are required to represent any symbol in decimal system. Suppose Three symbols (say “327” is needed to represent “Y” in decimal system. See diagram b. ). Thus time needed to Process any symbol in any decimal system is 3 × 5 nSec = 15 nSec.

A system 2.33 times faster than orthodox digital system. But carefully notice that with 3 bits in decimal system we can process 10 power 3 = 1000 symbols. On the other hand with 7 bits in digital system we can represent only 2 power 7 = 128 symbols. If we limit the number of symbols to 100, then in decimal system only two voltage levels or signs will be needed, thus the time needed to represent any symbol will be 2 × 5 nSec = 10 nSec. In this way we will get a system 3.5 times faster than the digital system.

So that in decimal system we can assume processor speed up to 6 GHz to 10 GHz. Far better that orthodox digital system ( 2.5 GHz to 3 GHz ).

The way will be not easy because we will have to shift all flip-flops, shift registers, counters, encoders, decoders, ALU units, multiplexers, and many other components to work with decimal system rather than digital system. The only thing to do is make them working with 10 voltage levels rather than 2.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orthodox Digital (ASCII) Table.

Digital coding     Symbol

01000001           A

01000010           B

01000011           C

……                ……

……                ……

……                ……

01011010           Z

Unorthodox Decimal Table

Decimal coding    Symbol

345                 A

346                 B

347                 C

……                 ……

……                 ……

……                 ……

401                 Z

Summary:

This is the day when we click and starts staring at the screen, because data is too large and speed is too slow. Or the instructions are so deeply nested with each other that Processor gets tired by running through them or gets halted. So think ahead and think differently. Ultimately we will have to move towards any other option other than “machine language”, important is who starts first.

One day when the data will become over large or the instructions will be over nested then the Processor will have to say “sorry! I can’t”.

Be remember:

“Ostrich puts his neck into a pit and thinks that lion will not come. But the lion comes”.

If any advice or suggestions then pls contact:

Vijay S. Tiwari.

MCA.

vijaydidmca@yahoo.com

Region: India.

Note: Pls pay attention, that graphics are not clear because of editor problem if you want more clear graphics and details than you can give me your e-mail id so that i can give you more precise graphics and details:

My contacts:

vijaydidmca@yahooj.com

One person suggested me why we can't take hexa decimal system instead of decimal so that we can get more speed.

"my answer is yes we can take it also. one most important thing is that why we can't take 128 voltage levels, one for each symbol (remember ASCII has 128 symbols). so that we can get speed upto 18 GHz to 21 GHz."

now some entertainment:

1. where does hardware and software meats with each other?

2. can you write the world's most simple software?The answer is no,infact no one can write it.how and why?

For answers visit my site:

http://vstiwari.webs.com

0 Likes
1 Reply
jfk1024
Journeyman III

it's expensive and hard to make that technology because, you have to pass from binary representantion to another rep... so... maybe in future, in a future when you will throw your pc/laptop/and all sort of electronic device into a garbage can all of this could be posible

0 Likes