4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2010 6:41 AM by Robbos

Fonts in CodeAnalyst dialogs in VS 2008

daocode
      Can't see fonts in CodeAnalyst dialogs integrated into VS 2008

Hello,

I'm trying CodeAnalyst 2.94.718.0. If run as stand-alone (started from the icon) then everything is OK. But when trying to lunch anything from the VS 2008 I can't see any letters in the dialogs. Even, looking into "Tools->Options" and then finding "AMD CodeAnalyst ..." all dialogs there are also unreadable...

Please, advise something...

daocode

• Fonts in CodeAnalyst dialogs in VS 2008

Hello daocode,

Is your system in a language set that's not English?  It might be trying to translate the language, but only English codes are available, so it looks like gibberish...

Can you read the menu items under Tools | AMD CodeAnalyst?

Thanks,

daocode

Hello Frank Swehosky,

The thing is my OS (Windows XP with SP3 + all current updates installed) is the English version. And I've got a completely unreadable dialogs... I can send You screenshots for more details. I will send to frank.swehosky@amd.com. Please, tell me what do You think about all of this.

Sincerely Yours,

jarederic

Originally posted by: frank.swehosky@amd.com Hello daocode,

Is your system in a language set that's not English?  It might be trying to translate the language, but only English codes are available, so it looks like gibberish...

Can you read the menu items under Tools | AMD CodeAnalyst?

Thanks,

Thank You.

I've faced the same problem few hours ago. Your reply really helped pointing me to the actual problem. I do really apperciate that.

Robbos

jarederic, I'm interested in how you were able to fix this problem.

I'm having the same thing on a Windows XP SP3 machine here at work and reinstalling the software did not work. It's the latest version and I've mailed AMD, but did not get any respond.

Can someone explain what the problem is? I use Code Analyst from time to time to see if I introduced resource hugging code, and now it's quite useless without any text showing.

My machine language is set to English, so that shouldn't be the problem I guess...