We just released the new beta AMD CodeAnalyst Perforance Analyzer v2.9 for Windows.
Some of the enhancements added are:
- Multiple simultaneous symbol servers.
- Process filters: You can limit the reported data to certain processes.
- An API: No longer are you limited to interacting with AMD CodeAnalyst through our command line applications or our GUI, you can now programmatically control profiling and you can fold, spindle, and mutilate the data before displaying it.
- Notes: You can add a customized note to each profile session. This feature should help you remember essential details about a session and reduce the length of session names.
- Call stack data for a running process: You can now capture call stack information about a process using the command line tool without launching the process from CodeAnalyst.
You can learn a little more about the new version from Frank's blog post. Be sure to download it and check it out for yourselves and let us know what you think!