Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

TinkerTime
Journeyman III

Invalid Pointer 80004003

Blu ray error using Radeon HD4850 with latest 9.4 drivers

Hello. I am new to this and hope you can help.

I have a new PC.

Windows XP Pro SP3 (havent downloaded any updates yet)
Creative X-Fi Extreme 7.1 Sound card
i7 920 Processor
3Gb of Corsair XMS2 Ram
ASUS P6T Motherboard
ASUS Radeon 4850 512MB
ASUS DVD Rom Drive
LG Blu Ray writer (which came with Cyberlink High Definition Suite and have downloaded the patch it suggested for Power DVD 7.3 to play Blu Ray).

DVDs play fine but when i put a Blu Ray disc in a little box appears saying "Invalid Pointer Error Code 80004003"

So i disconnected the DVD player, Removed the sound card and enabled the onboard one, Replaced the graphics card for an old 8500GT and lo and behold, blu ray works lovely.

Installed the Creative sound card, disbaled the onboard and blu ray played for 10 mins each time before machine restarted. I had a look in Event Viewer but no errors, just a note implying I had turned it off properly!

Ran Cyberlink Blu ray Advisor and says everything is perfect, but clearly its not..

So removed the sound card and went back to onbard and all fine again.

Replaced the Graphics Card for the Radeon HD4850 512MB and installed all the latest drivers and same Invalid Pointer Erros 80004003.

Ran Blu Ray advisor and it says monitor is not HDCP compliant, Graphics card is not BD Ready and no sign of CPU Hardware Acceleration, despite it being turned on. It also says the software version being run by the graphics card is 8.6 when I am using the latest 9.4. I did try 9.2 as well.

I have poured througha all the forums but found nothing, so hope I have given you what you need to help me

What am I doing wrong??

0 Likes
0 Replies