marcjappe

Driver install problem - AMDLLD64.sys error

Discussion created by marcjappe on Mar 10, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2009 by juliestevenson23
AMDLLD64.sys

I'm having troubles when installing my AMD device drivers on Windows Vista 64 Enterprise Edition.

While Installing my pc I have set my memory ratings on the BIOS v1.5 to 1:2.66 to have him understand I have 1066Mhz memory blocks.
When I additionally install Windows Vista without any driver, my computer works fine. When I install the Motherboard drivers (chipset etc.) with the CD, all still works great. After that I installed my videocard drivers and from then on I receive an AMDLLD64.sys error when windows is started (when it starts showing the desktop it restarts) by deleting the AMDLLD64.sys file in safe mode I am able to get into Windows Vista again and remove the AMD videocard drivers. After this I updated the whole system, newest drivers from MSI, I read about AMD Power Management Tool which updated and replaced the AMDLLD64.sys file and I downloaded the newest AMD ATI videocard drivers. I installed it all and the same thing happened, a blue screen.

My system configuration:
I'm running a Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition on a MSI K9A2 platinum (790FX) motherboard with 2x2GB 1066mhz OCZ Reaper memory and a Sapphire 4870 1GB ddr5 videocard, all connected to a Coolermaster 700W Powersupply.

The Phenom processor is also not recognized by Windows Vista, but I hope to fix this with a MSI BIOS update to Beta v1.74 which according MSI should recognize the Phenom II 940.

Hope anyone can help me out... I really want to enjoy this system.

Outcomes