1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 9, 2009 6:13 PM by chipf

SuperLU with ACML

uokuyucu
      Using ACML's BLAS library in SuperLU

Hi folks,

I'm trying to use ACML's BLAS library in SuperLU

(http://crd.lbl.gov/~xiaoye/SuperLU/)

and somehow not bein able to manage that. ACML's blas library is not recognized as a library by SuperLU make process. Anyone experienced such thing?

• SuperLU with ACML
          chipf

I was able to build SuperLU and run the examples with ACML.  You did not specify anything about your enviroment, so I describe what works for a 64-bit SuSE linux with GCC/GFORTRAN 4.3.1 installed.

I started with the make.linux file found in MAKE_INC.  I used this to overwrite the default make.inc, which is meant for use with PowerPC processors. 

I then change a few lines, starting with using gfortran instead of g77 in the definition of FORTRAN.  For LOADOPTS, I add -lgfortran

The BLASLIB line should point to the acml, for instance:

BLASLIB = /opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.a

Finally, the CDEFS defaults to -DAdd__ (two underscores).  Change this to -DAdd_ (only one underscore).    I did not define anything for MATLAB. 

Aside from changing the location of SuperLUroot, those are the only makefile changes.  I did have to modify SRC/superlu_timer.c since the times() system routine did not work for my SuSE install.  I just reused a few lines of code from the body of the HPL_ptimer_walltime routine found in the HPL benchmarks.

Then I was able to build, and run the examples.