cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

xxhlyf
Journeyman III

Questions about getting information of GPU while it is running!

I want to get some information of GPU while it is running. Questions as follows:

1.While gpu is running, how can I get the total number of threads which have completed?

2.How can I get the detail position of these completed threads in domain?

3.While gpu is running, how can i shut down the gpu? or how can i stop the running kernel immediately?

Any one konws? Your suggestion will help me much, thank you!

0 Likes
2 Replies
JiaweiOu
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: xxhlyf I want to get some information of GPU while it is running. Questions as follows:

1.While gpu is running, how can I get the total number of threads which have completed?

2.How can I get the detail position of these completed threads in domain?

3.While gpu is running, how can i shut down the gpu? or how can i stop the running kernel immediately?

Any one konws? Your suggestion will help me much, thank you!

1. There is no API to do that.

2. Refer to 1.

3. There is no API to do so, so I don't know. Maybe you can try to unload the program module, or destroy the context, or shutdown the device...By the way, why you want to do that?

0 Likes

1) No api for this as mentioned above.

2) This is not possible.

3) As there is no context switching or interrupts for a GPU program, this is not possible. Once a GPU program is submitted, it runs asynchronously and atomically until completion.

As the person above asked, what would be your reasoning for wanting this ability?

0 Likes