Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

c0ldfire
Journeyman III

Sapphire HD4830 Problems

Blue Screens

Hi,

Im not sure if i made this topic to the right section.

Some days ago i bought a Sapphire Radeon HD4830 512MB DDR3 video card, so i can play new games.  After i set the video card, started PC, played a bit and then apeared a blue screen.  Since then i get a blue screen in like every 10 minutes. I downloaded drivers, installed them, same problem. Today i reinstalled Windows. I thought there might be a conflict between the drivers from previous video card with the new one. In 2 hours i got like 10 blue screens ... when i open PC, when i try to install the video card drivers, even in SafeMod. They appear when PC loads hard.

Never had any problems like these with the previous video card.

Can someone help me?

Manufacturer: ASUSTek Computer INC.

Processor: Intel ® Core™ 2 CPU 4400 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2GB

Hard Drive: 320 GB

Operating System: Windows XP Professional

Edit:

I saw that video card supports Directx10 ... and i heard that Windows XP doesnt support it though there are some patches for it...so i installed Windows Vista Ultimate. The difference between vista and xp is that at vista i dont get the blue screens...but it still gets stuck..and like after 5-10 mins it restarts automaticaly.

0 Likes
1 Reply
avk
Adept III

c0ldfire: You see, a Radeon HD 48xx graphics cards are power hungry because they are very powerful, so if your PC have a weak PSU (say, less than 450 W) you definitely will encounter some kind of problem. I think that you'll need to check your PC's PSU and, perhaps, replace it with more quality and/or powerful one. Good luck !
0 Likes