r.lopez.negrete

linking problems with gcc version 4.2

Discussion created by r.lopez.negrete on Dec 20, 2008
Latest reply on Jun 4, 2009 by r.lopez.negrete

Hi all,

I've been having some problems linking the library version libacml-4.2.0 to another thirdparty solver (Ipopt). I'm using ubuntu 7.10 with gnu-gcc/gfortran version

$ gfortran-4.2 -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: x86_64-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++,treelang --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2 --program-suffix=-4.2 --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-mpfr --enable-checking=release --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.2.1 (Ubuntu 4.2.1-5ubuntu4)

I've been getting the following problem. and the question is if I need gcc version 4.3 for this to work?

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libgfortran.so.3, needed by /opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so, not found (try using -rpath
 or -rpath-link)
/opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_compare_string@GFORTRAN_1.0'
/opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character@GFORTRAN_1.0'
/opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_integer@GFORTRAN_1.0'
/opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_stop_numeric@GFORTRAN_1.0'
/opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write_done@GFORTRAN_1.0'
/opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_pow_i4_i4@GFORTRAN_1.0'
/opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_real@GFORTRAN_1.0'
/opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_read@GFORTRAN_1.0'
/opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_read_done@GFORTRAN_1.0'
/opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write@GFORTRAN_1.0'
/opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_internal_pack@GFORTRAN_1.0'
/opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string@GFORTRAN_1.0'
/opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_internal_unpack@GFORTRAN_1.0'
/opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_runtime_error@GFORTRAN_1.0'
/opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_index@GFORTRAN_1.0'

Thanks!

Rodrigo

Outcomes