Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

joh760
Journeyman III

Problems running Brook+ SDK 1.3 samples in release version

hi,

running the Brook+ SDK 1.3 samples after compiling them in VS2008 release configuration always ends up in access violation.

when compling as multitheraded-degug (/MTd) and linking with brook_d.lib everythig is fine.

the precompiled examples coming with the SDK are working.

Configuartion: FireStream 9250, WinXp Pro 32, VS2008, Catalyst 8.12

Anybody else having this problem?

ps:

I just see that only the FireStream 9270 is mentioned as supported hardware in brook+_installation_notes.pfd.

What about the FS9250 ?

thx

0 Likes
6 Replies
gaurav_garg
Adept I

Hi joh760,

Which release configuration are you using /MT or /MD ?

0 Likes

Hello Gaurav,

The sample project was preconfigured with /MT and I tried /MD with no success.

I remember all the brook+ SDK 1.2.1 sample projects used /MD

Regards

Johannes

edit: I just switched back to a FireStream 9170 with no effect on this issue

0 Likes

This issue is definitely not card specific.

We are looking into this issue. As a workaround you can try building Brook+ runtime as well as samples with /MD flag. This should fix the issue.

0 Likes

Hi,

Brook+ runtime is compiled with VS2005 and probably need to be recompiled with VS2008 to be used with VS2008 projects.

This will solve problem witj access violation but unfortunately introduce another one, a memory leak.

Every kernel call will waste some MB of RAM and program using Brook+ becomes slower and slower.

I have probably tried every possible compiler configuration and could not fin any solytion for this.

0 Likes

I have not started using Stream yet, though I have the hardware. If I gen a linux system, can some of these problems be avoided? I noticed AMD seemed to put a priority on linux.

0 Likes

Definitely Linux is a supported platform. However, we would encourage you to use whichever platform you are most comfortable with using.

0 Likes