Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

packoman
Journeyman III

Brook+ Programming Guide

Where can I download the Brook+ Programming Guide

Hi,

In the "AMD Stream SDK FAQ" is stated the following:

Q: Is there a tutorial on Brook+ that will get me up and running?

A: Try the Brook+ Programming Guide. Note that the guide gives examples
for WinXP32; for WinXP64 please adjust the paths appropriately.

Unfortunately I am unable to find this tutorial (been looking online)? I am new to Brook+ programming and would like to learn howto program with it.

Also, since this seems to be for Windows is there also a version for Linux (or another guide) or are the differences not that significant?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Likes
5 Replies
ryta1203
Journeyman III

You need to download the SDK. All the documentation (I use that term loosely) is in there.

If you do this you should wait until Dec 10 since the new drivers (which I can't use due to ATIKMDAG.SYS errors that never get fixed by AMD) and 1.3 SDK will be out.
0 Likes

Hi Michael,

Most of the relevant documentation is now available separately from the publications page:

http://ati.amd.com/technology/...puting/resources.html

There are also several other papers, presentations and articles posted there as well.

Michael.
0 Likes

Ok. Thanks. What I was looking for thank.

However it brings up another question. In the User Guide to Stream Computing it says the following:

"This chapter is for developers using the Brook+ language to develop applications for AMD stream processors. See Brook+ Language Specification for a complete development guide and language specification."

Where can I find this "Brook+ Language Specification" because it is not on the Publications Page that you pointed to.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Likes

Packoman, this is in Appendix A of the AMD Stream Computing Guide.
0 Likes

Ok. Thanks. I did print the whole Guide up to now...

0 Likes