entity279

Global stream variables

Discussion created by entity279 on Dec 6, 2008
Latest reply on Dec 10, 2008 by entity279

Well it's just that i need some help with the app I'm working on..  I have a .br file in my project and it has function(that wraps several kernels) that keeps getting called.

In order to improve the performance a little, I found a stream that stays the same every time the function is called. So I was trying to make it a global stream in the file in order to use streamRead() only once for the data contained in it. Ok, but the problem is that if I declare it globaly, i must also specify its size from the start .

And the size is variable so.. The result is that i've declared it something like this

int size=0;

float globalStream; and the obvious problem is that althought i've obtained my global stream, and the actual value of size is computed at the first instruction of the called function of the .br file, the stream will always have zero size.

Since there are no pointers to streams and streams cannot be resized explictly as far as i know, I'm asking for any workaround you may think of in my case. Thank you.

Outcomes