Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreal Engine Discussions

dragosinsanity
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 high temperature

Hello,

I started using Unreal Engine 4.27 today and every time I load a pack of textures my Ryzen 5 3600 spikes to 110 temperature and shuts down my pc.

My temperature on idle is 35/45 and while gaming under lots of stress is 70

I render in After Effects with no problem at all , the only problem is loading simple textures in unreal engine, i can open the program and play around with the textures that come with the program but as soon as i try to add something else it occurs that problem... 

Would like to know what causes that problem

Thank you!

4 Replies
targetingg
Adept I

maybe application-activated hidden miner, install av

but if it will not help, ask ms

0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

What specific CPU cooler are you using and how is it mounted in your case?

I will have to double check but I think that is a 65 watt CPU. If so those idle and load temps are way out of range for a lower wattage CPU.

Like the other community member said you may have a malware issue or that version of unreal engine is conflicting with other apps on your PC. 

Did you check the recommended system requirements before installing?  

0 Likes

The Ryzen 5 3600 Maximum Operating Temperature is 95c. SO if it does reach 110c it will probably shut down the computer to prevent damage to the processor and motherboard.

What are you using for your CPU Cooler?

Seems like your CPU Cooler is doing its job in keeping the processor quite cool under heavy loads.

I would download and run OCCT - CPU,GPU, GPU vMEM, and PSU Tests and see if they all pass.

Keep a watch on Temperatures of the GPU, CPU, and VRM and Fan speeds and PSU Outputs.

This will show if your CPU Cooler is the problem while under very heavy stress tests.

Overheating VRM of the motherboard can cause the computer to shut down also.

Please post your computer specs - Make & Models.

mygard
Adept I

i hope that you at least went with a water cooled system for that cpu .. esp since they are getting very cheap and good now days, now im not saying the factory fan will not do the job but if you are trying to get a lot of performance out of the cpu well that generates heat and that will kill you computer, hence why it went into shut down mode also did you check was might have been running in the background you might have had a lot going on plus check your windows updates, i know you are thinking that i am dumb but a lot of issues are usually just simple items that need to be corrected or even just turned off because it might have been to much for the cpu and if you still dont find anything turn on the your task mgr and see what the cpu is doing .. it might give you a path to start trouble shooting the issue

tinyvalenz
0 Likes