cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Gurus Discussions

glenntu
Journeyman III

I am trying to understand SEV API, but am new to virtualization.

Are the API commands to manage keys accessed through libvirt somehow?  Any practical ("how to") guides for key management?

0 Likes
4 Replies

This depends on what hypervisor you want to use etc. I use Hyper-V and Powershell to manage Linux VMs.

If you are using Linux there are a few choices such as KVM etc

as for key management, you should use a database to manage licenses especially with a vast number of virtual machines

MySQL is up to the task

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi glenntu,

We are working with vendors to incorporate SEV key management into cloud administration software. In the meantime, you can deep dive with the API specification available here.

jesse_amd wrote:

Hi glenntu,

We are working with vendors to incorporate SEV key management into cloud administration software. In the meantime, you can deep dive with the API specification available here.

Does your API support embedded license keys as well as bitlocker keys etc so that a machine can moved etc with load balancing and take the licenses and keys with it?

0 Likes

Thank you.

I had seen the programming manual version 0.16 and was hoping for something more complete.  I am a graduate student (research assistant for the summer) at the University of Houston and we are looking at trusted computing environments for use with blockchains.  I was hoping we could be our own cloud vendor so to speak.

I understand reasons for AMD to want to keep the inner workings out of public (hacker) view.  Could we get some additional information with some confidentially agreement in place?

Glenn Turner

0 Likes