cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Gurus Discussions

umarsa
Journeyman III

Flang creating lib and include directory links in local folder

I just purchased a DELL Precision with AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5975WX. I installed the aocc compiler and aocl-linux library rpms, sourced the scripts etc. The compiler is working but whenever I compile programs I get two links created in my home diectory. I am using flang for fortran code. The links are:

include -> ./include_LP64

lib -> ./lib_LP64

There are no actual directories include_LP64 and lib_LP64. This is somewhat annoying, perhaps coming from those scripts. Thanks!

0 Likes
5 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @umarsa,

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

For AOCC related support, the AMD Server Gurus community is the right place to post any issue/query. So, I'm moving this post there.

Thanks.

0 Likes
vtangutu
Staff

Hello umarsa

Thank you for reporting this issue, it is caused by setenv_aocl.sh from aocl installation
I have filed a bug report for the same and to update the documentation 
I will update you on its progress here

0 Likes

Hi, this has lead to a bad error on my system yesterday! In Fedora Linux /lib directory is a logical link to /usr/lib. I had put the sourcing of setenv_aocl.sh into my /etc/profile file. When I logged in as root it actually replaced /lib link with /lib-->/lib_LP64 instead of /usr/lib. Since the kernel is in /lib the system booted into the emergency mode. It took me a long time to track it down to this problem. This could effect many users so an urgent solution is needed. Thanks!

0 Likes

Hello umarsa

I am very sorry to hear this, I have filed a bug report and will get it fixed as soon as possible.
Can you please try to use amd-libs.cfg file instead of setenv_aocl.sh in the meantime, It's in the same folder as setenv_aocl.sh. It helps in loading the environment variables like LD_LIBRARY_PATH , AOCL_ROOT etc.

I will update you about the progress on the bug and get it fixed as soon as possible

Thanks
Hemanth

0 Likes

Thank you....I changed the method and instead create a file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d that contains the paths to all the runtime libraries. The executables are in PATH and I explicitly specify the library path in my makefiles. This works fine but naturally requires root privilages.

0 Likes