I hope somebody can help me with the following issue:
We have bought a new workstation for FEA simulations (vehicle crash etc.). Unfortunately we are not getting the expected performance.
Accroding to the following Benchmark for an older CPU the simulation time should be under 2000 seconds:
With our current configuration the same simulation model (Neon1M11) needs 10000 seconds (5 times longer).
For the calculation we are using Intel MPI (-mpi -i -np 64). From altair we got following recommendations for the envoirnment variables which already helped that the programm actually using all cores:
And we turned off hyperthreading in the BIOS.
But still the simulations are 5 times slower tahn expected.
Other Benchmark like Cinebench are performing as expected.
Are there any further settings we have missed?
Thanks in advance
Sorry to hear and not sure if you found a resolution or not, but our internal testing on EPYC 7542 using Radioss 2018 neon benchmark completed in 175 seconds. However, this performance was measured on RHEL 7.7 (3.10.0-1062.el7.x86_64) running Altair RADIOSS™ 2018 neon with a single-node, 2x AMD EPYC™ 7F52 (16C) processor-based System, 16x Micron™ 64GB DDR4-3200 DR 1DPC, Mellanox™ CX-6 HDR 200 Gb/s IB x16 PCIe® Gen 4, 1x Micron 1100 256 GB SATA (OS), 1x1 TB NVMe (Data), BIOS settings: Defaults, plus NPS=NPS4 (7F52), SMT = Off, Boost = On, APBDIS=1, Fixed SOC P state=P0, DLWM=off, X2APIC = On, Determinism Slider = Performance, Preferred IO=Enabled.
The Workload Tuning Guide has some guidance https://developer.amd.com/wp-content/resources/56745_0.80.pdf along with the Windows Tuning Guide (although targeted towards Server versions - I am not sure if it all applies to Win10) https://developer.amd.com/wp-content/resources/56782_1.0.pdf.