Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Gurus Discussions

ruka1124
Adept I

Easy to use EPYC processor in workstation

I would like to know your reference.
We would like to build a workstation with your EPYC, but considering that it will last for 5-6 years, we are wondering if a CPU with a good balance between number of cores and clock frequency like the 7443P, or a high clock A CPU with a frequency like 74F3 or a 3D-Vcache like 7473X would be better. I am not sure which one is better. I am mainly going to run video production, photo development, and DAW software, and Ryzen Threadripper Pro may be better suited for my purposes, but EPYC has a TDP starting at 200W and is more balanced than Ryzen Threadripper Pro, so I'm not really I don't use it. Make sure EPYC is the right choice for you. However, since EPYC has a TDP starting at 200W compared to Ryzen Threadripper Pro, we wanted to build a workstation with EPYC. a CPU with a 3D-Vcache, such as the 7473X, would be a better choice than a regular EPYC for Adobe Premiere Will a CPU with a 3D-Vcache such as the 7473X affect the rendering process of video creation software such as Adobe Premiere Pro or Da Vinci Resolve more than a regular EPYC? Also, any advantages to installing 7473X on a workstation would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
0 Replies