cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Gurus Discussions

vvsteg
Adept I

AMDuProfCLI under Linux

I am trying to use AMDuProfCLI under SUSE12 SP3 on a Supermicro server with two Epyc 7551 CPUs.

Driver installation (./AMDPowerProfilerDriver.sh install) goes smoothly after unsupported modules are allowed.

# ./AMDuProfCLI --version

AMDuProfCLI Version 1.2.275.0

However I can not use power profiling tools:

# ./AMDuProfCLI timechart --event power --interval 100 --duration 10

Invalid argument power. Please enter a valid device type or category.

What could be the reason for this problem?

1 Solution

Hi,

RAPL based Energy counters may not be accessible in your case. Hence you are not able to see these counters.

Correlated Powers are the power counters, which has relationship. For e.g. in this case Socket power is the total power of all other counters. Please note values of Socket power may not be exactly the summation of all other correlated power counters due to the floating point roundup.

socket0-vddcr-soc-power is not power consumed by the DIMMs. We don't have any counter to measure power consumption by DIMMs as of now. It is the power consumption by the VDDCR voltage rail.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us. Can you please check following command and see what are the counters available

# ./AMDuProfCLI timechart --list

I think, correlatedpower is available in case of Epyc. Can you also try out other counters category such as "frequency, Temperature, Energy"

0 Likes

Thank you. The list options shows Energy and CorrelatedPower among other options. Indeed, there is no Energy option in my case.

Please can you clarify what the CorrelatedPower counter actually means?

Is "socket0-vddcr-soc-power" an estimated power consumption of memory DIMMs?

0 Likes

Hi,

RAPL based Energy counters may not be accessible in your case. Hence you are not able to see these counters.

Correlated Powers are the power counters, which has relationship. For e.g. in this case Socket power is the total power of all other counters. Please note values of Socket power may not be exactly the summation of all other correlated power counters due to the floating point roundup.

socket0-vddcr-soc-power is not power consumed by the DIMMs. We don't have any counter to measure power consumption by DIMMs as of now. It is the power consumption by the VDDCR voltage rail.

0 Likes