$ AMDProfilerService-bin --add 'some_client_id_here'
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::invalid_argument'
what(): stoull
Aborted

0 Likes
4 Replies
honglizh
Staff

Also the remote service seems does not work at all. Can we make enhancements on usability?

Unable to establish connection... to x.x.x.x:32768

0 Likes

Hi honglizh,

uProf supports Remote profiling of an application from Windows client to Linux server (target machine). 

How it works is basically you start AMDProfilerService daemon on the host or target machine i.e., on the machine on which you want to profile an application. 

AMDProfilerService --ip x.x.x.x

The IP Address used above x.x.x.x is the IP address of the machine on which you are starting the AMDProfilerService.  The Clinet GUI will connect to this address/machine.

The required steps to follow are documented in chapter 11 of uProf-3.6 user guide.   

The one requirement is that you should be able to ping the machine to which you want to connect - on the port on which the ProfilerService is started.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Likes
honglizh
Staff

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your comments. The target machine is pingable and I've followed the instructions steps but it won't work for me. I'll skip to use local mode. Thanks!

0 Likes

Do you have two different uProf versions installed on your machine?  In other issue you posted, you mentioned you are using uProf 3.5.  This may cause some expected behavior.

0 Likes