Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Gurus Discussions

richardluo89
Journeyman III

AMD uProf Not Showing Performance Counters

Hello!

I am trying to use AMD uProf to profile applications. However, I noticed that there is only one pre-defined profiling type "Time-based Sampling" available on my platform (Ryzen 9 3900X and X570). In the "Custom Profile" tab, the timer event is the only one listed there. Also at my home screen the power profiler is greyed out.

I am using Windows 10 20H2, and AMD uProf is running with administrator privilege. I noticed that the latest supported Windows version is 20H1. I would like to know is the OS version causing my problem?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
swarup
Staff

Hi @richardluo89 ,

Please check if Hyper-V feature is enabled on the system? Events other than Time-based are not supported if the Hyper-V feature is enabled. You may need to reboot the system after disabling Hyper-V. Let us know if this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
swarup
Staff

Hi @richardluo89 ,

Please check if Hyper-V feature is enabled on the system? Events other than Time-based are not supported if the Hyper-V feature is enabled. You may need to reboot the system after disabling Hyper-V. Let us know if this helps.

0 Likes

Hi @swarup ,

Thanks for the reply!

I have checked that Hyper-V is not enabled, but  I have WSL2 running in my system. After turning off the "Virtual Machine Platform" feature that is required by WSL2, I can have the performance counters now.

BTW, is there any plan for uProf to enable CPU profiling with WSL2 enabled?

0 Likes

Hi @richardluo89 ,

Thank you for updating us. That is in our future plan, but it might take a while to add that support.

I am still having the problem even with hyper-v enabled.

0 Likes