Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Gurus Discussions

Alexus
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D spontaneous reboot

Hello everybody!

I would like to discuss a problem I have encountered on my server. I have two servers, one based on the Ryzen 7 7700 processor, and the second based on the Ryzen 9 7950X3D. Interestingly, on the second server, despite similar equipment, random reboots began. They occur at arbitrary points in time and do not depend on the load. Sometimes the server restarts several times within a few hours, and sometimes it works stably for a week. I am very puzzled by this situation and would like to hear your opinion.

Can you have any suggestions regarding possible reasons for such reboots? I thought about problems with cooling, power, or software updates, but ruled them out, the kernel of the latest version with kernel.org . I want to note that reboots have nothing to do with the load on the processor itself or the hardware. The processor is loaded by 30% - reboot, loaded by 100% - reboot, then 100% stable for a week. I would like to hear your point of view. If someone has encountered similar problems or has useful tips, please share your experience. I will be grateful for any help!

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
0 Replies