cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Gurus Discussions

µProf on Mac OS

Will there be a version of µProf for Mac OS? It seems to have ports for Windows, Linux and BSD only. I only need to run the GUI on Mac OS, and connect to a remote Linux machine running the processes to be profiled, like we do with VTune.

Alternatively does it work well with X forwarding to XQuartz?

0 Likes
1 Solution
swarup
Staff

Hi @Myrmecophagavir ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Right now we do not have any plans to support uProf on MacOS. We will take your suggestion and we will check if we can plan to support MacOS in the future releases.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AMD Forum's Server Gurus is the place to post all questions concerning UProf:  https://community.amd.com/t5/server-gurus/ct-p/amd-server-gurus

dipak
Big Boss

Hi @Myrmecophagavir ,

As @elstaci correctly mentioned, AMD Server Gurus community is the right place to post this query. I'm moving it there.

Thank you, @elstaci .

Thanks @dipak & @elstaci . That's a bit unintuitive, as from my perspective µProf isn't just a server tool and I'm currently using it to profile on Ryzen not Epyc. Are you sure it's not worth giving it its own forum? The community links from the tools' website are all broken too. I've emailed the dev central webmaster about that.

Anyway, FWIW, the GUI does seem to work OK using X forwarding to XQuartz, though it's a bit laggy. It would be great if it could simply be built for Mac OS. Then we could use the remote profiling feature to connect to the Linux box. I see there's also a command-line tool for both capture and analysis we can run on the box too, though GUI is usually nicer.

0 Likes
swarup
Staff

Hi @Myrmecophagavir ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Right now we do not have any plans to support uProf on MacOS. We will take your suggestion and we will check if we can plan to support MacOS in the future releases.

Hi @swarup ,

It would be great if MacOS support is added, if not for profiling it would be of great help atleast for visulization of the collected profiling data from the linux servers.