cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rig Showcase Discussions

swaccelerated
Challenger

Re: SWAG Phurigigs Build

Hello! Thanks for the compliments! Very much appreciated.  To answer your question, the top fans are exhaust fans,  wouldn't have it any other way,  3 intake fans behind the front cover and the internal case temp never exceeds 30 degrees Celsius.  The Phanteks case has an extremely "open" design with the hard drive cages below the power supply cover,  the two Solid State Drive mounts are on the back of the motherboard plate so it works great with our needs in mind,  we don't use our systems for a ton of storage as we mostly just game and stream on it.  Having the HDD cages under the PSU cover opens a massive path for air to get directly to the GPU and CPU.  This design has sold us and we will always buy this style in the future until something better comes along

You are awesome, we are awesome,  we just made awesome more awesome!

daquteness
Challenger

I was looking for the exact same case you have here (it is the NZXT S340, right? I'm an idiot, only just saw you named the case... it does look extremely similar to the NZXT s340 though ) for my build, however my long-term plan is to fit 4 GPUs in there to render with, which means I need a full-tower and crap-tons of cooling, so my next option was the Corsair Obsidian 900D... spicy price but damn it's nice...

Well, I see you customize a lot of things in there, if you ever need help with design-wise items such as decals, items for 3D-print or laser-cutting just let me know, I can't get you the end products (I'm in London) but I can sure help with making the 3D models and blueprints for anything you might need.

Cheers! Looking forward to the next build!

V.

darkwolfca
Miniboss

the case phuri has is the phanteks eclipse p400    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zRvZxr/phanteks-case-phec416pwt   but the s340's expecially the elite is a really nice case also

xobeloot
Elite

Love the UV (I think?  or is that just purple?)  Very nice build to look at!

swaccelerated
Challenger

Thanks,  it is just purple,  but with the white interior paint clear coated it is very reflective.

xobeloot
Elite

It looks fantastic for sure!  How are those firecuda drives?  I was looking into one for a build i'll be starting soon but haven't heard many first-hand reviews.

swaccelerated
Challenger

Firecuda is probably the best drive for the price we have tested,  have bought 3 of them so far and will buy again as long as SSD prices are still too high.

xobeloot
Elite

Excellent.  Thanks for the info.

phuri
Adept III

I wanted it all white inside so that the purple would really pop. I knew the black would just mute it.

swaccelerated
Challenger

Phurigigs is getting a major overhaul tonight live on Twitch!  http://twitch.tv/swaccelerated