Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rig Showcase Discussions

savagebeastzero
Miniboss

SavageBeastZero's Ryzen Red Team Rig Showcase Video

Description

SavageBeastZero's Ryzen & Custom Modded Haf XB Evo R.2 is a Ryzen 1700X based rig, which is housed in a custom modded Haf XB Evo R2. I removed areas of the case with a rotary tool and sheet metal shears, then modded the top and side panels with Lexan acrylic windows, as well as removed the front area for mounting a radiator and case fans. The case mod took me roughly three days of work, but I couldn't be more pleased with the results. Below is my Red Team Rig Showcase video, which is a much more detailed presentation of my Ryzen based rig and my general gaming set-up.

If you take the time to check out the video and I truly hope you do, I thank you very much. I've been working on everything since Ryzen launched and finally completed everything now, so it goes without saying everything took me quite some time (much more than I expected). Just be warned, my gaming room is extremely dark (black to be precise) as you'll see in both the photo's and the video.

Thanks again all and have a fantastic day!

Follow this link to view my Ryzen Red Team Rig Showcase Video

4 amd 2.png4 amd 3.png4 amd 4.png

I had to use the camera's flash on maximum to light my gaming room up enough to be able to take this photo, so you could see the details a bit better. Sorry if the quality isn't the best. I figured that even though the desk is seen quite a bit in the Rig Showcase video, it's a bit difficult to see the detail.

Below is my hand crafted mechanical Sit/Stand desk. The desk has two mechanical tiers and when both are raised to their maximum height can comfortably accommodate someone up to 7' tall when standing. Both tiers are mechanically independent and thus provide precise measurements for both seated and standing positions. The lower portion contains four braces, which provide stability when in the raised positions. It took me roughly 250 hours to build this by hand and weighs in at a staggering 300lbs!

4amd 1.png4 amd.pngHighest CB Score 15151532632T.pngPassmark Rating.pngDetailed Passmark Rating.pngHWInfo Final.png

Specifications

CPURyzen R7 1700X @ 3966.96Ghz
CoolerCorsair H100i Liquid Cooler
MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero Bios (0902)
Memory32GB EVGA DDR4-3000 (PC4-24000) CL15 15-15-15-32-63-2T
GraphicsSapphire R9 Fury Nitro OC
Disc Drive 1OCZ 250GB SSD
Disc Drive 2PNY 250GB SSD
Disc Drive 3Toshiba 2TB HDD
PSUEVGA Super Nova 1300G
CaseModded Cooler Master Haf XB Evo R2
MonitorLG 34" IPS 21:9 2560x1080 AMD FreeSync Monitor

I finally finished everything after weeks of work, I'd love to hear what you guys think!

ray_mkingfishgoodplayamdmattjamesc359 iamthesaga erin.maiorino black_zion tomtalk24 L4d esmea sam.tehrani cavemanthe0ne swaccelerated warpfact0r10 evilzoe havenbreaker traceman phuri moomasher kxuping crazycarl garwynn derrickgott007

39 Replies
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: SavageBeastZero's Ryzen Red Team Rig Showcase Video

All I can say is :

iamthesaga
Miniboss

That is one awesome system you have.  I like the full custom setup you have.

savagebeastzero
Miniboss

Whenever a cat appears to be in shock, it's a good thing. This reaction made my day and made all the work worth it. Thank you cat and thank ray_m!

savagebeastzero
Miniboss

Thanks iamthesaga, it's been a long journey to completion and although a lot of it was quite enjoyable, I'm glad it's finally done. These nerd hands don't deal well with calluses from physical labor anymore!

havenbreaker
Adept III

Everything looks absolutely amazing. I love the sit/stand desk looks very sleek. The specs for your PC are killer and the profile from what I can see fits that sleek theme of your desk. Also major props on the G13 one of the best peripherals I own myself. My one and only complaint is the lack of lighting in the video and photos but I understand that your room is like that . All around a very solid setup savagebeastzero

savagebeastzero
Miniboss

Thanks havenbreaker! Yeah, I love my G13! It's an incredibly underrated peripheral, not enough people even know that it exists. It's a must own in my opinion for gaming and of course multi-tasking in general. Yeah, there really isn't much I can do about the darkness of the photo's or the video. Since the entire room is black, even when lit (which it was and more than it appears) it hardly provides any light. For human eyes it's fine when physically in the room, but for a video camera not so much as you can see.

I was going to buy a lighting set up and may in the future if I start creating more content that requires filming in the room, but when I saw the cost, I was like...meh, I think I'll wait for a bit. That stuff is surprisingly pricey!

havenbreaker
Adept III

Ya the wife and I are looking at lighting setups for streaming and even just something small to get her Green screen fully lit is heavy on the wallet

garwynn
Elite

Agreed, rock solid setup and that desk....

Love the entire setup!

kxuping
Forerunner

That is an awesome PC. The best part of the pictures is the Logitech G13, the central part of your gaming rig. I have one too 🙂 The LCD with info from MSI afterburner is the best.

You have 32 GB RAM in two or four dimms? From CPUZ I think you have them working at 2600. Have you tried with faster settings?

I would love to see more pictures of the case, but with light.