Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rig Showcase Discussions

kc5vdj
Elite
Elite

Re: Purple Death

Man, for as much as Origin charges, you'd think they'd have better customer service.

Be sure to update when it's in final config.  Overall, it does look nice visually.

I've been wondering about the low and mid-tier chipset boards (amd and intel both), because they kinda look really stripped.  Maybe upgrade later to an X-chipset board?  That slot issue with MSI sounds almost AssRock-ish (AssRock uses the cheesiest connectors that can be sourced).

Hope you get it all worked out soon.

0 Kudos
spinalfailed
Challenger
Challenger

I've never had an issue with ASRock once they were staffed with former Asus employees. Add for the issue, that's what happens when you ship a full pc with an inserted and improperly secured gpu. As for the 370 boards, no point. Most people truly don't need the features they offer, especially for matx and ITX. You can overclock the same on a 350 as the 370. The VRMs are more of an issue and both chipsets have boards that aren't all that great.

kc5vdj
Elite
Elite

yeah, i've been watching the buildzoid videos on the vrms on the current boards, and yeah, they could be a lot better.

they didn't even put those foam form fitting packs in to secure that card in transit?  yeah, that could do a number on the slot.  i've seen a lot of the rig builders on youtube using these foam packs that you add something to, and they stiffen form fitting around whatever they are against.  gotta be pretty cheap to do, and they seem to work.

0 Kudos
spinalfailed
Challenger
Challenger

It did have what is basically spray foam insulation in a bag holding the GPU but honestly it did more damage to the acrylic panel than the job it was intended for. They at least replaced the motherboard though they ignored my other issues so at least it's now usable...ahem.... Was usable! Haha The RAM and PSU went into this pay it forward rig that I spent  way more than intended20180722_183531.jpg

0 Kudos
darkwolfca
Miniboss
Miniboss

forgot to say those purple fans look great also