Re: Oscar Mike

Hiya Oscar Mike,

Yeah I have to agree with everyone else,

Your rig is a work of art.

Congrats and well done.

whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

jaandoh​ Thank you very much! I'm building out a new studio/recording area around this PC and his little brother/sisters - a "little" Ryzen shrine!

jaandoh
Adept III

Hiya Whiskey Foxtrot,

Gosh Thanks, I thought Oscar Mike was a username hahaha

Well regardless of my silly but simple mistake.

Your rig is still very beautiful,

I'm looking forward to seeing the whole she-bang once you have your studio setup.

JD

xobeloot
Elite

Absolutely beautiful!  I bow to your building mastry!

whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

Thank you xobeloot Let's not bump heads as I bow to yours

whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

Was playing around a bit with Vega FE - not going to post detailed info on this here as I want to give a fair review of the FE cards I have. In short, I think a lot of tuning can be done with the current driver releases, especially when switching between Pro to Gaming mode. Anyway, I'll keep on testing tweaking and breaking things and eventually we'll have stable driver releases.

While I was randomly dropped to the BIOS after a system crash I decided to play around with memory settings - and bumped my memory up to 3466MHz and the system surprisingly boot up as if nothing was changed! So I did some memory stress tests with the Google stress test (thanks ajlueke​ for mentioning the Google stress test!), Prime95, and finally ran AIDA64Extreme's bench without any issues!

3466MHz-AIDA64X.png3466MHz.png

CPU-Z verification link: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X @ 3991.91 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR

Asus still does not have an official AGESA 1.0.0.6 BIOS release so I'm still using a release candidate (1403). So apart from WattMan/Radeon Pro Settings related crashes, this system runs great!

whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

And another Cinebench R15 run. I know it's all synthetic but so far this is a stable OC. I do notice a slight decrease if I simply use the multiplier (x40) versus P-State OC to 40 with a voltage offset. I can't complete a Vega FE run without it crashing hard, so reverted back to my trusty Rx-480's.

1859178.png

havenbreaker
Adept III

I was just about to ask where the Vega FE numbers were hopefully we can see some in the near future.

retro8linux
Adept II

Very creative build you have done...I know the feeling when doing custom builds like this one.....

whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

Still having stability issues - mostly due to issues with Blender; eventually we'll have stable drivers. Almost everything I have is pretty much covered on GamersNexus

0 Kudos