cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rig Showcase Discussions

Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Molten Monolith

I think this is where I'm going to leave my setup for now.  I have added a comparison with the original Fury X build to the new liquid cooled Vega build in Firestrike.

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/13635000/fs/13242517#

0 Kudos
Miniboss
Miniboss

very nice setup and custom loop looks great

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

Thanks!  It is my first time build a custom loop, or cutting into a case to mod it for liquid cooling.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.  Now I just need a fresh coat of paint on the rads and perhaps some re-sleeving as well.

0 Kudos
Forerunner
Forerunner

Even at the highest temps (43C) it's still pretty damn amazing with nice scores to boot!

0 Kudos
Challenger
Challenger

Can't wait until I lay into my case big time too! I have to say though, Steve Burke would probably be super proud of your rig No-nonsense, straight-to-the-point cooling beast!

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

Thanks!

You were right about it being "monolithic" in more than just the name.  With the EKWB components and coolant installed, along with the aluminum construction the case is quite heavy.  I'll have to set it on a scale to see what it weighs in at.

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

Just a few more updates.  I have the side panel added in, currently it is acrylic, but I will have a sheet of tempered glass made for it.

I added a ball valve below the GPU, to easily drain the coolant when needed.  I also added aluminum spacers to the feet of the case.  The case ultimately stood too low to the ground to effectively exhaust out of the GPU radiator I added, especially on carpet. 

DSC04311.JPG

Challenger
Challenger

Damn... that actually looks like a hulking slab, Space Odyssey much? =)) Really cool build, definitely looks apart from other builds! And I like me some understated looks and no-nonsense approach Any future mods you have in mind?

0 Kudos
Miniboss
Miniboss

looking sweet nice and clean build

0 Kudos
Forerunner
Forerunner

awesome build. After watching Gamer Nexus videos, you can flash the water bios to push the card as you are using water cooling anyway.

0 Kudos