Did you mean: 

Rig Showcase Discussions

Challenger
Challenger

House of the Ryzen Sun

Description

AMD sponsored Ryzen build

IMG_20170228_134703.jpg  imageFile.jpg IMG_20170228_135420.jpg

More to follow as parts arrive... Plan is also to blog with modding how-to's on the forums as I do the corresponding work.

Specifications

CPURyzen 1800X
CoolerSwiftech H-240X
MotherboardMSI Xpower Titanium AM4
Memory16gb Corsair LPX 3000mz DDR4
GraphicsVisiontek Fury X
Disc Drive 1Intel 600p NVME 256gb
Disc Drive 24tb Seagate SSHD
Disc Drive 3{drive3}
PSUEVGA G2 750
CasePhanteks EVOLV ATX in Anthracite Grey
MonitorASUS VG248QE
Tags (1)
45 Replies
Adept III
Adept III

Re: House of the Ryzen Sun

Looking forward to the build

Forerunner
Forerunner

I want the AMD Ryzen wood box so bad

Have fun building it and post photos.

Challenger
Challenger

imageFile.jpg

Teaser running while testing and getting Windows into workable state to clone to m.2 drive

Adept II
Adept II

I am very  hyped about Ryzen ryzen7 is out of my  budget, but i planning   upgrade my fx6300 rig to ryzen 1600x when  ryzen 5 family come out...

Adept III
Adept III

That looks fantastic. 

Adept II
Adept II

that box is almost as beautiful as what is inside. but assembled, the box takes 3rd.

Challenger
Challenger

Just a quick update on planning stages:

My case finally arrived and she's a beauty. Going to look amazing with the X370 MSI Titanium inside, a real 80's hifi cabinet vibe going on. Will be tearing down and doing some drafting this week so I can finalize the rest of the plans.

PHANTEKS-ENTHOO-EVOLV-ATX-GLASS.jpg

Miniboss
Miniboss

Nice!

0 Kudos
Challenger
Challenger

So this week has some interesting developments, first of which is that AMD sent me another care package to coincide with the upcoming Ryzen 5 launch. Really excited to swap these in for some testing, and for my daily driver while I'm working on the Ryzen 7 1800X build. The Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 looks really well-featured for a more mainstream-focussed board, with design keys from the enthusiast boards.

KIT-THUMBNAIL.jpg RYZEN5-1500X-1600X.JPG MOTHERBOARD-THUMBNAIL.jpg

The other things that happened this week are some progress on a logo for the build, and also all my sleeving materials and tooling arrived. Been lusting after Mainframe Customs Teleios Sleeving for a long time now, and with this build I decided to fully sleeve everything using it. It'll really make the build pop.

SLEEVING-THUMBNAIL.jpg  TOOLS-THUMBNAIL.jpg