Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rig Showcase Discussions

sam-amd
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Example: The Red Beast

Hi black_zion

I hear you 🙂 I normally upgrade my PC every other year. When I do, I try to future-proof as much as possible to ensure my rig will run smoothly for as long as possible. I'm a gamer and have reasonable standards when it comes to gaming - as long as I can run games at high setting I'm happy.

markus88
Adept I

Well yeah, the marketing and usability of end-user products are really not on the same page with the product, specially when it comes to graphic cards

It always seems like that there is absolutely no competitive strategy - and thats very sad.

Because consumers will always rate a product based on the general public opinion.

And the public opinion does get accomplished by:

- news on tech communities (public expectations)

- performance tests on tech sites (comparative)

- campaign (free games/bundles/upgrade plans/etc.)

- youtubers (big part of buzz marketing)

- usability for consumers (raptr design looks and feels like from 2002, so does the CCC)

In none of these points I feel "satisfied" at the moment.

At least the points 1&2 may can be satisfied with Fiji and HBM, point 3-5 would require just 2 people which know what they are doing.

Looking forward to whatever comes

0 Kudos

I hate the free game ¢rap. Between my 7970 and FX-8350, I got "over $250 worth of games" (as advertised at the time) that I never even used. I'd much rather AMD just give a coupon for a game or half the value on a prepaid card. Usability for consumers could be improved by removing that ¢rapware Raptr completely and updating CCC from 2006, as well as integrating some of the features into it so we won't have to use third party programs such as Sapphire Trixx or MSI Afterburner. If you want to get the App Profiles, you must install Raptr, something AMD integrated into it presumably to attempt to force people to use it.

Note to moderators: ¢rap is not an offensive word in 2015.

0 Kudos
superben
Adept II

yeah. looks like same used my old rig specs and my new rig picture. I'll update pretty soon with my own posts.

sam-amd
Community Manager
Community Manager

You mean to say "Looks like Sam used my old rig spec...", right? 😉 I'm guilty as charged.

I look forward to your own post Ben.

gakagammy
Elite

Really nice build sam.tehrani​. You named it right. 100% on point. Gotta put my FX 9590 to use soon too (It's still in the box for my next build, gonna pair it w/ an R9 3XX GPU:)

0 Kudos
magic
Adept I

Nice PC my friend

This place is pretty cool...

Hello from UK

superben
Adept II

It is actually my build. Sam explained that he just used it as an example. Check out my #RadeonRig post for all of the proper info.

sam-amd
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Gameial ,

It's a nice rig, but it's not mine. It belongs to our good friend superben See, I used his rig as an example since it my personal favorite. I wanted to provide everyone an idea for the type of information, picture and description we'd like to have everyone share with the rest of Red Team community.

0 Kudos
tindeath
Adept III

What is that CPU cooler?