Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rig Showcase Discussions

Adept III
Adept III

AMD Test Drive Frankenstein

Description

Most of the parts were from 2013 when I was a member of the AMD Test Drive.  I've since added/replaced a few things and will continue to do so.

(Image below was taken before my Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250G was added)

10655028_506740202803782_787189272_n.jpg

Specifications

CPUAMD A10-6800K APU
CoolerAMD Stock Heatsink
MotherboardGIGABYTE F2A85X-UP4
MemoryAMD Radeon Performance Series 8GB DDR3 1866
GraphicsAMD Radeon R9 290
Disc Drive 1Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 60GB SATA III
Disc Drive 2Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive
Disc Drive 3Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250G
PSURosewill CAPSTONE Series 750W 80 Plus Gold Certified ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply
CaseFractal Arc Midi R2
MonitorASUS VS278 & ASUS VE278
Tags (1)
6 Replies
Elite
Elite

Re: AMD Test Drive Frankenstein

Thats some really good cable management you got going there!

Question: Just curious why you got the video card near the bottom of the case. Looking at the gigabyte website http://www.gigabyte.com/fileupload/product/2/4343/6621_big.jpg  , you got it currently plugged into the PCIEX8 slot. There could be a chance of it bottlenecking the bandwidth of your awesome R9 290. I would suggest, If possible, move it up to that PCIEX16 thats 2nd to the top so you can get 2 times more bandwidth.

But really, im digging that cable management. Have you thought of getting an aftermarket heatsink?

Adept III
Adept III

The Fractal Arc Midi R2 makes it super easy.  Plenty of room in the back panel for all wires.  Just zip tie them in place and everything is nice and tidy.  If I'm ever in the market for a new tower, I would buy this model again for sure. 

Also, thanks for pointing out my mistake in where I placed my GPU.  I'll be making the change for sure.   

Elite
Elite

Yeah I was part of that too. That case is great for cable management. I've upgraded my a few times. Went to an FX-8350 and 16gb ram. Can't wait till more comes out to get my computer tinkering fix. 

Elite
Elite

Just admiring what a great job you did with the cable management here, and there is no dust at all! Very clean and tidy. Inspiring, really. ^.^

Also, very nice hardware. =)

Miniboss
Miniboss

great little apu you got Zoe love it.

Adept III
Adept III

My updated rig can be found HERE.

0 Kudos