cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rig Showcase Discussions

thewalrus
Adept III

Re: AMD Power House

Do it! It's such a beautiful rig. I'm a sucker for powerful, well built rigs.

Man, one day I want to have a cool crossfire setup like that and a modular PSU with those fantastic all black cables!

thefuzz1542
Challenger

thank you

0 Kudos
marekbujko
Adept III

Nice Rig!

thefuzz1542
Challenger

Thank you

maxxhew
Adept III

Nice... one question though.  You mention how you use FRAPS, have you tried the RAPTR screen recorder yet?  I used to use FRAPS for my gameplay recordings, then I found how easy and less system demanding RAPTR is... FREE & 1080p60HD also.  Now FRAPS just sits there never to be used again.

0 Kudos
thewalrus
Adept III

I have to ask, have you liked the H105? I've been told the pump on it is very quiet, and generally most people seem to be praising the H105 over the Link-versions of the Hydro series, such as the H100i GTX and older as well.

0 Kudos
thefuzz1542
Challenger

I actually stop using Fraps because it started having issues with my Windows 10 and they stop any updates like two years ago. I did a bunch of research into RAPTR and testing and I found (as well as a lot of other testers) even though it records at 1080P 60fps it's compression and bit rate hurts quality really badly even at higher settings. What I found to work is Action Recorder Pro. It allows me to record at any Fram rate, bit rate and up to 4K. As an added bonus I can record as a avi file which allows me to save CPU and quality. I would recommend checking out.

0 Kudos
thefuzz1542
Challenger

I'm really glad I went with h105. I was really debating which one to go with but it keeps my 220 watt CPU cool. I was running a good and very large air cooler on it and it was idling around 55*c and hitting 80*c under load. The h105 idles around 35*c and never goes over 60*c . I forget what it was exactly, but the h105 meets in the middle of a h100i and a h110 and that middle ground made it perfect for my case. As far as the sound goes, the pump is not even noticeable and I always run pump at full speed. The only issue I had (and others had the same issue) one of the fans start to loose a bearing that makes it start to rattle and you could actually see oil spots around the fan shroud where it was loosing bearing oil. How ever this wasn't a big issue for me as I was replacing with the Corsair SP120 clear whites that you see in the picture. I would suggest that any one who gets this cooler get a good pair of static pressure fans no matter what as the after market Corsair SP fans move more air and last longer.

0 Kudos
thefuzz1542
Challenger

I actually have to update the fire strike picture. its in the 132xx range now

0 Kudos
darkfoss
Adept I

That is one sweet rig.