cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rig Showcase Discussions

thefuzz1542
Challenger

AMD Power House

This is my AMD Power House. The CPU, Ram and Video Cards are all AMD. You will notice that when I find brands / manufactures I like, I stick with em. The Motherboard and Video Cards are both Asus. The Fans, Power Supply and the H105 240mm rad & pump are all Corsair. I do most of my recordings with FRAPS hence the Raid 0 just for recording. also because of the raw data of FRAPS, I needed a machine that could run max settings on a game and record in full detail @ 60 FPS without missing a beat, and she can handle it. Sure she turns into a space heater but she has a total of 10 fans and a 240mm rad to help keep her cool. And yes i know the floor looks horrible but I'm in the process of building my man cave and the floor being repainted is on the end of the list. UPDATE: She is currently testing out a quad RAID 0 for storage. The AMD Power House is currently a test bench for my soon to be Ryzen build.

This is what love looks like SAM_0787.JPG

SAM_0792.JPG

The Door light I installed has a quick disconnect for when I need to take the door off SAM_0794.JPG

Purdy SAM_0795.JPG

doesn't she look mean SAM_0823.JPG

That 220 Watt FX-9370 puts this 240mm rad to workSAM_0802.JPG

South Bridge peeping outSAM_0807.JPG

My Proud BadgesSAM_0827.JPG

This Number Is Out Of Date. A Little Tweaking Got Me Over 13300.Dwm 2015-09-17 03-32-15-03.png

Here she is being upgraded

Specifications

CPUFX-9370 @ 4.9 GHz
CoolerCorsair H105 240mm Duel Fan Rad
MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula-Z
Memory16 Gigs Of AMD R9 Gamer Edition set @2400 in Duel Channel
GraphicsTwo Asus R9 290X's 4Gb Crossfire
Disc Drive 1250 Gb 100MX SSD for System
Disc Drive 2Two 1 Tb WD Black Editions In Raid 0 for Storage
Disc Drive 3Two 1 Tb WD Black Editions In Raid 0 for Raw Recording
PSUCorsair RM1000
CaseThermaltake Level 10 GT
Monitor42' Visio Editor Monitor
Tags (1)
42 Replies
ant25b
Adept III

Re: AMD Power House

Those are some damn impressive specs, very nice rig

thefuzz1542
Challenger

Thanks, I've been working on her for a while. I would Like to get a newer designed motherboard but even AMD says its one of the very few that give the FX9xxx series 220 WATT CPU enough power feed to keep em happy without melting the power delivery off the board haha

ant25b
Adept III

Yeah it's a bit difficult finding 220W capable boards now, I was thinking of getting the new MSI 990FX board with USB 3.1 and getting a 9XXX series chip but the board doesn't support them lol I really hope we get some awesome performing chips with Zen next year.

thefuzz1542
Challenger

Yea I was surprised when more boards didn't have the power delivery needed to support these higher FX CPUs

ant25b
Adept III

Yeah, I'm sure it's not on AMD's end though, the board partners might just not want to build higher end boards for a chip that the mass majority of people won't be using lol

0 Kudos
thefuzz1542
Challenger

oh, in no way am i blaming AMD. but usually higher end boards come with abilities that almost no one ever uses haha. like ASUS ROG gamer boards. they are able to take the load but ASUS hasn't put out a flagship AM3 board since late 2012 but they do for Intel every year. just would like to see em devote more to AMD is all. and yeah AMD are still using same sockets but other things are getting updated like 3.1 USB and better PCIe

0 Kudos
ant25b
Adept III

Yeah it would be nice if board manufacturers would release some updated boards. It kind of sucks that the FM2+ platform is getting all the updates lol

thefuzz1542
Challenger

Updated with new pics

0 Kudos
adr_tech
Miniboss

Wow, this rig is impressive.

My original plans for my rig included this case, how is it treating you?