cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rig Showcase Discussions

Adept I
Adept I

AMD gaming PC

This is my amd gaming and editing pc that i have had for quite some time just upgrade the hardware from time to time. the cpu has been the only thing i haven't changed the past few years. The pictures are from the build in its old case which was an nzxt source 220.

Specs of the pc are- cpu: amd fx 8320 @ 4.2 GHz, cooler: cooler master hyper 212 evo, motherboard: Asus 970 pr gaming aura, ram: 8 gb corsair vengeance 1866, graphics card: xfx radeon r9 380 dd 4 gb, psu: evga supernova 750 b2, storage: pny 240 gb cs2211 ssd and western digital blue 1 tb (soon to add a radeon r9 series 480 gb ssd and 3 tb western digital black), case: fractal design define s ( new and current case), fans: 2 fractal gp-14( 1 front intake 1 rear exhaust), 2 nzxt 120 led fans( front intakes)

Fantastic for playing games at 1080p@60 fps on high settings. Takes any game i throw at without a problem.

I do plan on going with custom water-cooling but not for some time but want to replace the cooler with something a little better so either plan on going with a corsair h110i gtx or a be quiet dark rock tf as its top flow dual fan design might help cool the vrms and the socket a little better than the h110i would. what do think? any of you own either one and give feedback or any other thoughts.

6 Replies
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: AMD gaming PC

Looks nice.  I too would like one of the AiO coolers for my rig as well. 

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Thanks. What do you have for a cpu?

0 Kudos
Miniboss
Miniboss

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

You could definitely benefit from a aio cooler or even just an improved air cooler like a noctua or be quiet cooler. The wraith cooler isn't as bad as the basic stock cooler and pretty equivalent to my hyper 212. But you would see an improvement for sure especially for overclocks.

0 Kudos
Miniboss
Miniboss

I haven't done any overclocking yet but will wait for an AiO before I attempt.  Plus my MoBo is not the best for OCing.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

You'll actually be surprised on how well that board ocs. It's pretty similar to my board and my 8320 is @ 4.2 ghz with stock 1.25v and the cpu is about 44c at load and the socket about 55c. So you should be able to push yourself to 4.8 on water or good air. Maybe 4.5 on the stock wraith cooler. Since the 8370 is a 8320 or 8350 running at 4.3 at ~1.3v. Check your vcore and temps. You might be able to at least push it a little.