Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

ghostdragon
Adept II

X570 asus crosshair viii hero cpu connector

Hello guys, 

I have a strange issue currently. I have just built my new system with a ryzen r9 3900x and a asus crosshair vii hero motherboard. However when i boot the computer i always get a notification that my system is only detecting the 4pin cpu connector, not the 8 pin. I have tried to reseat the cables. swapping  the 8 pin and only booting with the 8 pin connector installed. This error is still present!

any help would be appreciated, also sorry if this is in the wrong place!

0 Likes
7 Replies
saywhut
Challenger

Make sure you're not using the 8-pin VGA connector, sometimes it can be mixed up with the CPU pin connector.  Try updating the BIOS as well if you can get into the flash utility and try again.

0 Likes

Checked and definitely using CPU connector. 

Bios updated fine, still have the issue. 

The system boots up fine after the warning. 

0 Likes

Is your PSU modular?  If it is, reseat the connection from the PSU side for the CPU power and try again.  Also open a ticket with ASUS to see if this is something they've seen before, or simply it might be DOA.

Looks like it is doa, going to take it back to the store today see what they say

0 Likes
ghostdragon
Adept II

Confirmed to be doa they have offered a replacement, should be here Thursday

0 Likes
saywhut
Challenger

Cool, good luck man.

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

it can either be your PSU or your MoBo - so please check both!

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes