cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

Wraith Stealth Cooler for FX Series

Tentatively thinking about getting a Wraith Stealth or Spire cooler for my FX 6350 @stock speeds. I love the circular fan look through the case and don't plan to overclock the chip- but how about fan noise from the cooler?

I have my stock cooler set to "silent" in the BIOS, so I'm a little spoiled on noise level. I'd hate to get something "cool" and it be noisy. Any experience with these coolers in general or with FX chips instead of Ryzen chips?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: Wraith Stealth Cooler for FX Series

I"ve seen nothing but positive reviews on the Wraith coolers - both for the FX and Ryzen line of CPUs; I have only used the included Wraith coolers on my FX 8350/8370 CPUs which were always silent (less than 40dB within the case, practically silent outside of a sealed case), so I have no direct experience with the Ryzen versions. Keep in mind that the Ryzen coolers can not be retrofitted to the AM3 CPUs in case you were thinking about picking one of the circular (new) Wraith coolers.

I'm sure you can find the original Wraith coolers used on your favorite auction sites. AMD does not sell coolers or other accessories directly.

If you were curious as to how the Wraith Max sounds, androidgal​ may be able to give some input. Check out her awesome rig here: Awesomebox

0 Kudos
androidgal
Adept II
Adept II

Well to tell you the truth, I hear nothing at all. My case however is supposed to be a "silent" edition, but even putting my ear to the case, I hear nothing at all. It's awesome.

whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner
Forerunner

I stand corrected: AMD now selling Wraith Max cooler at retail. Cost: $59 - it looks like you'll be able to get one of these after all!