Red Team Discussions

mrnelster
Adept I
Adept I

Wolfenstein The New Order

Jump to solution

Hi everyone

New here 

Cannot get Wolfenstein the new order to launch, for love nor money!

R9 390X

i5 4690k

Windows 10

AMD Settings ReLive

Also, AMD "Report a problem wizard" doesn't work on the start menu. Don't know if that's related. Tried deleting and re installing the game, and tried AMD auto detect tool to reinstall, just to make sure. Driving me completely nuts. Has anybody here resolved the same issue? No consistent answers on the web at all.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mrnelster
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Wolfenstein The New Order

Jump to solution

Hi spinal

Typed a long reply and lost it somehow, but I have now rectified the issue.

No AV other than Defender on Windows 10.

When pressing play in the Steam library, the small "preparing to launch" window would appear; then the screen would simply flicker and return to the game's library window.

After reading loads of "Wolfenstein won't start" advice on the web, I did as instructed and reinstalled the game with no joy. Then AMD Settings ReLive as well. Nothing helped.

Then, after pure trial and error tinkering around, I noticed that Virtual Super Resolution was enabled. Most likely from my checking how it worked with Dirt Rally many months ago, and forgetting to disable it again.

I unchecked the VSR button and the game launched first time. Hope this helps anybody else who still can't launch the game, as google  seems to suggest some people gave up completely.

Thanks  for your reply though, much appreciated.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
spinalfailed
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

It's not an AMD driver issue per se as it happens to Nvidia users as well.  Does it just crash back to desktop?  Hang on a black screen?  What exactly happens?  What other programs are running at startup?  Are you using an AV solution other than Defender?

kxuping
Forerunner
Forerunner

Jump to solution

This is an excellent excuse to install the game. Will try and post how it went.

mrnelster
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

It's a great game, I made a quick montage.

Wolfenstein: The New Order - R9 390X - YouTube

Thanks for the reply.

mrnelster
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Hi spinal

Typed a long reply and lost it somehow, but I have now rectified the issue.

No AV other than Defender on Windows 10.

When pressing play in the Steam library, the small "preparing to launch" window would appear; then the screen would simply flicker and return to the game's library window.

After reading loads of "Wolfenstein won't start" advice on the web, I did as instructed and reinstalled the game with no joy. Then AMD Settings ReLive as well. Nothing helped.

Then, after pure trial and error tinkering around, I noticed that Virtual Super Resolution was enabled. Most likely from my checking how it worked with Dirt Rally many months ago, and forgetting to disable it again.

I unchecked the VSR button and the game launched first time. Hope this helps anybody else who still can't launch the game, as google  seems to suggest some people gave up completely.

Thanks  for your reply though, much appreciated.

View solution in original post

derrickgott007
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

That's awesome that you got it to launch and even more awesome you came back here to share what fixed it!   Maybe that will save someone else some trouble!    Great job! 

ajlueke
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

Interesting.  I don't enable "virtual super resolution" so it's not something I would think to check.  I don't own that particular Wolfenstein game, but it is nice to know VSR may cause issues.

0 Kudos
spinalfailed
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

Awesome that you got it working AND reported what you did!  I think I had the same issue as you when trying to get it working.  I was hoping if you listed your issues it would have jogged my memory(I'm old and take a lot of prescription meds haha)  Really fun game for sure!

0 Kudos
kxuping
Forerunner
Forerunner

Jump to solution

You fixed it before the download finished. 40GB+. Current games use too much space.

0 Kudos
mrnelster
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

No problem guys, thanks.

0 Kudos