cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

zealotki11er
Miniboss

Re: Witcher 3 CFX Scaling

Tried those settings. Still same fps. GPU usage does not go over 60%. Fps goes from 25-35 fps. Very stuttery too.

Witcher 3.jpgWitcher 3 (2).PNG

0 Kudos
zealotki11er
Miniboss

So i decided to give my old resolution a try

2560x1440 and I am getting ~ 65 fps with GPU usage 75%

This is very strange. How can GPU usage be higher at lower resolutions.

Tried 3K (3200x1800). GPU usage now 85% and fps is ~ 55 fps. Its a bit more stuttery.

I then gave 4K another go and fps drop all away down to 25-30 fps with GPU usage @ 55%.

This is almost like a vRAM problem but vRAM is under 3.5GB.

It is almost like a Internal problem with the card. I would have blamed the 4GB buffer but GTX980 and Fury have 4GB.

Edit : Just to make sure Ultra Settings are not the problem. I turned everything off and set it on Low.

1440p - 130 fps.

4K - 44 fps.

0 Kudos
t77chevy
Paragon

drop the oc and see if it improves , also delete the config file and let it make a new , also make sure in crimson under overdrive the power slider is all the way to the right

0 Kudos
zealotki11er
Miniboss

Thanks for replying. Much appreciated.

I have tried with no OC. That did not change anything.

I also have a Power Meter. When I play BF4 where i get 99% GPU usage power Draw is ~ 700W

In Witcher 3 its 500W so that cards are not working fully.

I even tried with 50% Power and that did nothing.

Witcher 3 was never detected in Crimson as it's on a secondary SSD. I had to add it manually. I also removed it and set global settings. Neither helped. Something is going on @ 4K causing problem.

0 Kudos
zealotki11er
Miniboss

Yes I have tried 15.11.1 CCC version. I am on 16.1 now. Seems to be a problem with 4K mostly. I get ok scaling at 3440x1440 but as soon as I go 4K everything goes to hell.

0 Kudos
t77chevy
Paragon

my above screenshots are native 4k resolution , i currently have one of my gpus out for rma but this game scales decent with quadfire , the drivers will work for this game , several patches have been released for this game and they don't always get installed correctly automatically . and the game being on a seperate drive shouldnt be an issue as i use four drives myself .

0 Kudos
zealotki11er
Miniboss

Thats 100% GPU usage. I dont get that. I am going to try a fresh install of Windows and see if it help. I also repaired the game after all the patches where installed.

0 Kudos
zealotki11er
Miniboss

All Crimson version are broken for me. If I change settings they do not apply for the game. I changed back to CCC and they all apply fine. Tried with AFR and GPU usage goes up to 90-99% and fps is 45-55 fps. This is what CFX should be getting with my system. Even when CFX works in lower resolution the game still stutter at 50 fps. If this is not fixed soon I am dropping CFX and maybe take a break from AMD. None of the problems I have had in past 5 years has ever been fixed.

0 Kudos
t77chevy
Paragon

drivers can not fix a broken game engine and a little googling will show problems on both sides , and also notice system ram speed/timing makes a good impact on fps , for comparison i run 32g 1866 10 10 10 11 adata , faster ram shows better fps and is one of few games that a dedicated gpu will show any difference , this game has about the worse cache swap I've seen " been gaming a long time " , while i completely understand your aggravation , its aimed at gpu drivers and not the game devs like it should be  

jdgrieme
Adept I

Even 3440x1440 is bad but I swear CCC beta scaled better in terms of rough scores. (msi etc)

0 Kudos