cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

djole123
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Will AMD release low-end graphics cards?

I'm genuinely curious, will they ever make R5/R7 class GPUs? Something that's targeting users that want something better than an iGPU yet it doesn't cost much. Something that costs anywhere from 30$-75$. That would be cool.

They don't even need to be RX series, they can stay R3-R7. Please.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
william
Challenger
Challenger

Re: Will AMD release low-end graphics cards?

djole123​ I guess that would be RX 460 which is rumored to be priced under $100.

djole123
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

William I know but I was thinking about something like an RX 450 and lower.

They can be called like this:

Radeon R3 405

Radeon R3 410

Radeon R5 420

Radeon R5 430

Radeon R7 440

Radeon R7 445

Radeon RX 450

derrickgott007
Miniboss
Miniboss

They have shown the RX 470 and RX 460.  They are both very affordable, yet very powerful for their price ranges.  The RX470 is said to launch at $150 and is VR capable, and the RX460 is said to launch at $100 and it's perfect for Esports such as League of Legends and CSGO.   As for something in the sub $70 dollar range, why not look back into AMD's amazing catalog of GPU's, such as the R5230, for as low as $49, or the Awesome R7360 (Which I had & loved!) for $89.  

oregon
Elite
Elite

Now this is a great response! Not only is the new RX series really affordable, but their older cards still work great as well. They have an R5 card out, like you pointed out, but they also have some R7 cards like the 240 and 250 that work really well and don't cost too much. Derrick really hit it on the nose there. Well said.

0 Kudos