cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

hassan334
Adept I

why can't windows 10 detect my second monitor on dvi ?

hey everyone i really need help in that 

i have 2 monitors , with only vga output , it worked fine on my old pc , i know bout new one with those specs : 

Motherboard : assus 450b prime blus , ram : 8gb : hard disk : 2 t , cpu : amd ryzen 5 2400 g with vega 11 graphics in it , and no external graphics card 

my mother board has 1 vga output and 1 dvi 24 +1 pins , the first monitor is connected to vga works fine , and i bout a dvi to vga cable for the second monitor so i can plug it into the motherboard , but it just can't detect it for some reason i updated my display adapter but still don't work 

and even when i only plug my dvi cable it doesn't recognize the monitor , so it doesn't even get anything from dvi port 

PLEASE I NEED HELP GUYS 

0 Likes
3 Replies
jamesc359
Forerunner

Hello hassan334

Unfortunately most if not all newer graphics cards and motherboards have dropped support for outputting analog signals. The DVI port on the rear of the Asus Prime B450 Plus is a DVI-D port which only supports digital output. Your older computer likely had a DVI-I port which has four extra pins around the flat connector that's used to carry analog RGB data. You can purchase an active adapter that will convert a DVI-D signal to VGA, but it must be an active adapter.

Yes, something like that should work.