cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

rameez
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Which are the cheapest ATX/micrATX motherboards with AMD-B350 chipset and RGB colour?

Dear members I am planning to build a desktop PC in AM4 platform. AMD Ryzen 5 1600x processor is decided. Are microATX motherboards are cheaper than ATX? I want to overclock the CPU and don't need crossfire facility. I am planning to put a dedicated graphics card and a network card or sound card if needed. So I don't need more than two PCI-E slots. So I think I should go for micro ATX form factor (please correct me if I am wrong). which are the cheapest motherboards with B350 chipset which support RGB colour (preferably microATX for lesser price)? Can I use AMD Ryzen Master utility and any software the motherboard provides for RGB lighting in a linux system?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
benman2785
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Re: Which are the cheapest ATX/micrATX motherboards with AMD-B350 chipset and RGB colour?

dont know the cheapest - but the best ist Gigabyte AB-350 Gaming 3

PC: R7 2700X @4.1GHz + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: Which are the cheapest ATX/micrATX motherboards with AMD-B350 chipset and RGB colour?

I do love that board as well - it's a bit expensive compared to the other options, but well worth it. Stable, especially with current AGESA updates and can handle a decent amount of OC'ing without taxing the VRMs etc too much.

I use it in HTPC set up and left the CPU at default settings; any OC'ing is handled dynamically with Ryzen Master. In my case, I decided on this board because of the WiFi option which is nice to move this around without having to worry about CAT/network cables and it's good enough for streaming video/audio without any lag.