0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Re: What was your first AMD CPU

Testing that auto blank replies are no longer generating for Carl

Adept II
Adept II

I think it was some 2 ghz Athlon 64 x2 in an off the shelf model from HP or Dell.  Kept getting Athlons for a while after that (specifically looked for them in Dell and HP's offerings, and Compaq when it became a part of HP) and even grabbed some form of Athlon when I built my own rig.  I think it was from the Barton / Thoroughbred era.  After that, it was a few more Athlons in HP's and Compaqs (and some laptops I made sure to grab AMD cpu's in, because of the better gaming performance) and then finally an FX-6120 in a HP Envy desktop.

And when I finally got around to building my own rig again, an 8350.  Note that I didn't buy all these PC's for myself, I'm the tech-y guy in my extended family, so they bring me along to buy almost every computer, and I generally recommend AMD.

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

My first CPU is AMD Athlon XP 1700+ 1.4 Ghz

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Some single core craptop cpu back in 2009. But my first gaming rig was powered by an FX 6300 for a month before I maxed the whole pc out and got a 9590. idles at 25c, loads at 50c

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

AMD Athlon 1 GHz (Thunderbird) overclocked to 1.5 GHz.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I think it was a 386-40Mhz, way back in the day! And I am still using AMD.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Mine is AMD FX-6300, bought it last year. Will upgrade to Zen if the performance is nice

Adept II
Adept II

How do you keep that cool enough

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

My first AMD CPU was an AMD K8 Athlon 64. Been AMD ever since.

0 Kudos