Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: Weekly Topic: Favorite Video Game Story/Campaign

Another World, this story is goood.

The Lucas Arts games: Age of the tentacle, all the indiana jones point and click but the best is the fate of atlantis, secret of monkey island.

Half Life, Half Life 2, Portal.

Alan Wake.

Starcraft,broodwars, Stacraft 2

Miniboss
Miniboss

Nothing has been as good as Witcher 3 for me. A second place is SC/SC2 story across 5 games.

Forerunner
Forerunner

Black and White had a crazy story.

Exemplar
Exemplar

I think one of the stronger in game stories for me was in Mass Effect 1.  The story tied in beautifully with the Paragon/Renegade system the game offered up.   Even the primary antagonist Saren could essentially be scene as playing the "Renegade" part.  Great game, great universe, great story.  While the subsequent games improved the gameplay overall, they failed to deliver on the promising start of the original game as far as narrative.  The third game especially created far too many narrative problems when viewed as part of a series.  But the original remains one of the strongest I have ever played.

As others have mentioned however, Planescape:  Torment is the best game I have played in  he story department.  Just a fantastic release from beginning to end.

Challenger
Challenger

HL2 of course.