cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

Re: Twitch.tv/AMD Giveaway complaining

Jump to solution

Yeah. We have to include the free entry for legal reasons.

anonynamja
Adept II

Jump to solution

I see. Then I will suggest a different approach: minimize the impact of free entries (since they are legally required) and thus minimize the impact of last minute ninjas. One way of doing so is to overwhelm free entries with amdpoint entries, by increasing the max number of entries.

swaccelerated
Challenger

Jump to solution

That is pretty much exactly what is going to be tested,  more entries for those that have the points and the free entry for those who don't,  plus increasing the cost per ticket to balance the AMD dollar spread between followers with low points vs. those with a ton.

truplague
Adept II

Jump to solution

i know what you mean definitely felt like i had more of a chance to win last night

georgefern
Adept III

Jump to solution

As a new viewer to the stream, I can say that what drew me in was a Tweet from AMDGaming or something that got me over to Twitch and I signed up with Revlo and started watching. As far as the giveaway, I am not hurt that I have not won after 2 tries, it is free stuff. If I get it, then I get it. If not then my life will still go on. Giveaways should not take preference as to who wins, but it is pure luck of the draw.  If Red Team regulars win all the time then it could be said that the system is rigged to the loyal viewers. If some random new guy/girl wins, they become loyal viewers, because you drew them in and they won . So they will come back to see what the chances are they win again.

derrickgott007
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Well said George! 

anonynamja
Adept II

Jump to solution

It is true that new viewers can become loyal viewers, and that is good. But it is also true that loyal viewers can feel discouraged if they perceive unfairness. So there is a balance to be achieved here.

darkwolfca
Miniboss

Jump to solution

I love the AMD Giveaways its great that they do this for everyone, It would be cool to be able to exchange point for like AMD Decals/Case badge/ Apparel or something at a later date. Thanks for the great streams and giveaways and look forward to the future streams.

itizeasy
Adept II

Jump to solution

it would not be fair if that happened, because that would mean you can buy a GPU WIN that is not allowed! one should win merely because the random tool AMD uses it drawing your name not because you have a gazillion tickets! that would be foul play!.

swaccelerated
Challenger

Jump to solution

I see what you mean for sure, but the ticket amount is limited to 9.  In other giveaways I have seen "Not AMD Run" there is no limit on ticket amount,  if that was the case with the AMD giveaways you would be 100% correct. 

0 Kudos