Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

phuri
Adept III

Re: Twitch.tv/AMD Giveaway complaining

Jump to solution

Either increase the tickets and/or points per tickets.  I may even suggest a giveaway from time to time that is loyalty specific giveaway?  Like a random giveaway where the top 50 or 100 people on the leaderboard get put into a drawing.  The ticket giveaway will encourage new followers and the loyalty giveaway will highlight that AMD does recognize their longtime viewers as well?  Just food for thought.

swaccelerated
Challenger

Jump to solution

I'll do the numbers for ya

1 minute = 2 AMD dollars

50 dollars = 1 ticket

1 ticket free

25 minutes for 1 ticket

Stream length average 2 hours

"IF" new followers enter giveaway they get 1 free entry per account,  (you can make unlimited accounts) giveaway farming is a thing.

"OR" new followers would need to be in the stream for 25 minutes to gain another ticket per account.

The amount of tickets received from 120 minutes worth of viewing time would be 240 AMD dollars or 4 tickets at 200 AMD dollars. (5 tickets would be 250 AMD dollars)

From looking at the numbers it would seem a logical change to make would be to raise the cost of tickets to 75 AMD dollars, this would allow new followers to enter the giveaway but also allow followers with a ton of AMD dollars to buy more tickets than newer followers (balanced logic)

Lets figure out a fix everyone, did I make any mistakes with the numbers? 

Is my logic sound? Is 75 still too low per ticket?

Jump to solution

Hey!

Just so you know, this week, we're increasing the ticket buy in to 75 points per ticket with a total of 10 possible tickets (1 Free ticket, and 9 purchasable). I'm going to see how that goes and depending on that we'll make it a permanent change (or even increase to 100 points per ticket). Going down the road, I'd like to add rewards that you guys can redeem with your points but that's something I would have to sit down and even see if it was possible.

In regards to the making loyalty giveaways, that's currently not a built in feature of Revlo and not something that we can really do legally. Giveaways have to be fair for all, and while we can reward people who watch the stream more, only making it available to certain people isn't exactly fair. We have exclusions for giveaways for certain countries, but that is due to Tax & Import laws.

Really appreciate the feedback. I'm trying really hard to make the twitch channel as awesome as possible. If you have any additional feedback or questions, please let me know.

Thanks!!

~Kelly

View solution in original post

swaccelerated
Challenger

Jump to solution

Awesome!  Really hoped this thread would help and it appears it has.  Thx everyone

phuri
Adept III

Jump to solution

Yeah completely forgot about the the tax and legalities with other countries when suggesting the loyalty giveaway.  But totally love the trying the 10 possible tickets at 75 a piece (one of which will be free) test.  Appreciate everything you guys do and have done.  Keep up the good work! ❤️

jamesc359
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Thanks Kelly. I'm very happy with this solution, it seems quite equitable. 🙂

walking_corpse
Challenger

Jump to solution

Sounds good, let's see how it works in practice for a couple of months before revisiting?

Jump to solution

The good thing about Twitch is we can get real time feedback. We'll know within a week or so the reception of the increase. Waiting a couple of months won't be really necessary. I'll probably adjust, if need be, after 2 weeks or so until I find a happy medium.

anonynamja
Adept II

Jump to solution

I'm inferring that free entry is a legal requirement?

walking_corpse
Challenger

Jump to solution

yes, otherwise it's a lottery which comes under federal law and requires a license to administer