Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

lorenzoadams
Staff
Staff

The #AMDHolidealsContest Sweepstakes Week 3

STILL can't pick a good gift to give this holiday season? Well, you’re in luck!

To show our passion for giving good gifts, we’re going to randomly give away one AMD product to you and your friend. Just post a video or photo of the worst gift you’ve ever given someone below, and we’ll announce the winner at the end of the week. This is your LAST chance to win! Check out the rules below on how to enter. Good luck! How to enter on Red Team Forum: Register on the Red Team Have at least three followers in the Red Team Forum 1. Need followers? Follow Train! (Need followers? Post in this thread!) Create a video or photo of the worst gift you’ve ever given someone. Reply to this thread with your video or photo Please read the rules before you enter: You can find the rules for the #AMDHolidealsContest: AMD 2017 #AMDHolideals Red Team Sweepstakes 3 Official Rules

How to enter on Red Team Forum:

1. Register on the Red Team
  2. Have at least three followers in the Red Team Forum 1. Need followers? Follow Train! (Need followers? Post in this thread!)
  3. Create a video or photo of the worst gift you’ve ever given someone.
  4. Reply to this thread with your video or photo Please read the rules before you enter: You can find the rules for the #AMDHolidealsContest: AMD 2017 #AMDHolideals Red Team Sweepstakes 3 Official Rules - Forum

Good luck everyone!

54 Replies
jess1ca
Adept I

Re: The #AMDHolidealsContest Sweepstakes Week 3

The worst gift I've ever given would be a bag of Cheetos Crunchy XXtra Flamin' Hot. I live in Canada and a few years ago I bought this bag while I was in Chicago as we don't have it up here. I was going to eat it on the plane as a snack but never did. A few months later, Christmas was fast approaching and I ended up giving it as a gift to one of my cousins as I had no idea what to get her. I'm quite good and thoughtful when it comes to gift giving but this one is the worst because it was just lying around the house and I didn't wrap it at all or anything when I gave it to her! #AMDHolidealsContest

cheeee.jpg

gtagshuffle
Adept I

wishlist.png#AMDHolidealsContest

So it was Christmas time and I made a cake for a friend back in college. The cake was placed in a box and tripped and fell on the box when I arrived.

DO4ZbFqWsAAFCLQ.jpg

jamesc359
Miniboss

#AMDHolidealsContest

img_0955_1000px.jpg

The worst gift I've ever given is socks. They're my go-to choice for when I have no clue what a person needs, wants or their shirt size. Should I be ashamed? Probably, but I'm not!

0 Kudos
altoid
Adept I

If you think you're seeing double, you're probably right.

So this 'gift' needs a build-up since that is what makes it bad...

It's my friend's birthday, and I forgot about it. In a late night Discord call, we end up talking about it and how some of our other friends gifted him some nice Steam games, giftcards, etc. So I scramble to find a gift, and being the college student that I am, I just gift him whatever redeemable steam game I had in my inventory, which just so happened to be a 99 cent game that I got for free as a steam drop. It was this one...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KPZC91Ls6P0/maxresdefault.jpg

He has 0 hours played on it.

theo_yells
Adept I

My friend has always wanted a PC for gaming after watching me build and upgrade my computer. We like to joke around with each other, but I may have gone too far when I gave him my old EMPTY computer case from 2003. At least I cleaned it, right? 20171201_183848.jpg

0 Kudos
eazydozer
Adept III

I was broke a couple years ago and stumbled across a photo of a snake in a santa hat. So I quickly shopped the photo, printed it as photos at walgreens, bought frames at the dollar store, wrote a holiday note on the glass, and I gave them to everyone. It should also be noted that my mother has a huge fear of snakes. I thought the snake was cute and deserved to be preserved.

Edit: forgot to add my holiday wishlist.

tcgmeta
Adept II

My uncle gifted me this tv series DVD set. I re-gifted it to my brother because it wasn't my type of show. It obviously wasn't his type either since he gave it back to me.

IMG_3423.JPG

terrybear
Adept II

Here is my #AMDHolidealsContest: AMD 2017 #AMDHolideals Red Team Sweepstakes 3 entry:

I call it the ... "here let me help you get the hell out of here & thanks for all the chaos you put me in while here" x-mas gift of various samples from the dentist, partially used items as well as some stuff from the local dollar store to help my friend be on his own in his own place. Bonus special items include the "babe atrracting" Aqua Velvet blue & Brute 33 to help you score some lady company at your new pad. All of course comes in your previously used xmas bag thats ripped.
IMG_20171203_160355955[1].jpg

Here is my wish list which is a ryzen upgrade package but I have circled the thing on my list I'd wish for the most:

wish list.JPG

Thanks & good luck to all !!

lorenzoadams
Staff
Staff

Didn't even wrap it?! Haha, thanks for entering!

0 Kudos