cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

Adept III
Adept III

Ryzen Master Utility Shows wrong clock speed for memory?

Well, Yesterday I was kind of over moon,

Having thought I had resolved my DDR4 Memory issues.

Today however,

I noticed that the BIOS, Task Manager  and HW-Info both show a different memory speed than that from Ryzen Master.

So in fact Ryzen Master is mis-reporting the speed of the memory.

2934-4.jpg

2800-2.jpg

hwinfo2800.jpg

Has anyone else noticed the same kind of issue?

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Ryzen Master Utility Shows wrong clock speed for memory?

taskmanager shows always the double speed ... the other 2 look like a rounding error

mine is shown correct at 1200/2400

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

yes mine does the same thing, my temps don't show correct either, there is no way my ryzen 7 1700 idles at 17c when it's 10 degres warmer in the house, the temps also don't go over 35c under full load, something is wrong with the utility, it's shows correct in the bios for my ram speed and temps but not in windows.

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

The Task-Manager and HWInfo are both showing the correct RAM frequency

Taskmanager shows it as 2800 mhz

Hw Info shows it as 1399.6 x 2 = 2799.2 mhz

Ryzen Master however shows it as 1467 x 2 = 2934 mhz

So I thought my memory was running at 2934 mhz

In reality it is running at 2800 mhz

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

The temps in my installation of Ryzen Master app look okay to me.

They tally with the corsair link temps and are with around 1C of each other

the only difference being that corsair link reports it 20C higher

0 Kudos
Forerunner
Forerunner

Curious as to why there's a discrepancy. Here's mine:

TM-RM.png

Do you have your OC methods and system specs posted anywhere else I can take a look at?

Never mind, I found your system specs (Basanti II )  which uses CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 if I'm not mistaken.

Forerunner
Forerunner

Saw something similar on an older BIOS of Gigabyte Aorus GA-X370-GAMING K7. The Gigabyte windows tools reported 3200 but others reported 2133 (CPUz,taskmanager, BIOS). Running my Ram at stock 2133 for the moment.

0 Kudos
Forerunner
Forerunner

What happened to yours? I thought you had it up to rated speeds or was that ajlueke

0 Kudos
Forerunner
Forerunner

With the first BIOS I selected the XMP profile (3200), it booted without complaining and the gigabyte windows tools said it was running at 3200. Then with other tools including the BIOS it said it was running at 2133.

With latest Beta BIOS F4E with AGESA 10.0.0.6 I can run up to 2933 with the XMP profile. It does not boot at 3200. I had some booting problems when changinf settings on the BIOS, so I leave all at default until I have time to play again.

The performance increase compared to my F2004​​​ (FX9590) and Laptop Asus Strix GL502VS (i7 6700hq) is so BIG that at 2133 is just awesome.

Corsair changed the chips from their memory kits, so if you look Amazon reviews a lot of people had success with this Kit when Ryzen was launched. All reviews from current revisions have problems. My kit is CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 version 5.39. For the moment I will not change the ram, it works.

Forerunner
Forerunner

check this link http://www.amd.com/system/files/2017-06/am4-motherboard-memory-support-list-en.pdf My memory kit revision is supported at 3200.